Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice from Coach drivers about trip planning?

2 posters

:: The Depot :: Bus Fans

Go down

Advice from Coach drivers about trip planning? Empty Advice from Coach drivers about trip planning?

Post  JustusK Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:04 pm

Hello everyone, ran across this forum because I recently planned a large trip at multiple locations in Los Angeles with a group of 50 people. Everything went well, except for a couple incidents that I was hoping you guys, perhaps coach drivers who do tours and multiple stops, may be able to give me some advice on. Note that our bus driver was a bit unprepared for the and very technologically disadvantaged, and I am the type that enjoys being prepared for the unexpected.

1. Most importantly, I found the most difficult part in planning the event was getting everyone back on the bus at the specified time on the itinerary. This caused a total of almost two hours in waiting time out of a 10 hour event. That's a large fraction since a lot of that 10 hours was taken by travelling from point to point as well.

Question: Do you or any group you've driven, have/had a unique idea for getting everyone back to the bus on time?

I've tried: Handing out an itinerary to everyone including arrival and departure times, and placing a local L.A. cab phone number on it stating "If you happen to miss the bus, here's the number to the taxi."

2. For stops where we would spend a lengthy period of time, I found it pretty difficult finding "legal" places around some areas for the bus driver to park. Any tips?

I've tried: Mapping nearby recreation parks and schools where buses normally park for longer periods of time. Asking the driver to find a place to park on her own and return in a couple hours (though I quickly retracted that idea in favor or knowing where the bus would be instead of lost without GPS).

SO!
Any courteous and wise out there?
Thank you for your time!

JustusK

Back to top Go down

Advice from Coach drivers about trip planning? Empty Re: Advice from Coach drivers about trip planning?

Post  Daisy Dart Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:41 am

This is not really a forum for that sort of thing. While we do have coach drivers on here It's more of a chill out spot for bus drivers, mostly in the UK. Perhaps you should advise your coach/bus driver to try a sat nav??
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

https://thebdc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down