Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie after advice

2 posters

Go down

Newbie after advice Empty Newbie after advice

Post  TheSchlong Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:47 am

Hi all,
I've just applied to NXCoventry to be a trainee driver. Any tips for interview/driving assesments? How hard is the PCV test? Do I need todrive like I did for my original driving test? Or do the examiners realise that what we were taught to pass a car test doesn't make you a good driver? Also, what about unions? I have never been in an industry with union representation. Who are worth joining and who aren't? Anyone heard of the NBDU? I googles bus drivers unions the other day and they came up, but it said they were fairly new and T&G had kicked up a bit of a stink about them?
I look forward to hearing from you, and I really hope I get in as it's kind of been a life long dream! (believe it or not!)

TheSchlong

Back to top Go down

Newbie after advice Empty Re: Newbie after advice

Post  Inspector Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:13 pm

The training is the same strictness as your car test, You do a reversing manoeuvre first and then go out on the road and its just the same type of thing except obvious you don't do a 3-point turn or a parallel park, you have to drive as you were taught when you took your car test but training school will get you to them standards and just keep driving and stopping at a few bus stops along the way as well as the motorway or at least I got taken on the motorway.

just listen well in training school and concentrate and you will be just reight and also most of the company's I have worked for are with unite, there should be a shop steward at your depot.
Inspector
Inspector

Back to top Go down