Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stupid old bag!!

+2
Paladin
Daisy Dart
6 posters

Go down

Stupid old bag!! Empty Stupid old bag!!

Post  Daisy Dart Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:40 am

Driving along a dual carriage way in a bus this afternoon, silly old biddy in a little red car suddenly cuts in dangerously close in front of me. Blasted my horn at the silly moo. After performing this dangerous manoeuvre she then proceeds to drop down to 35mph. So I checked my off side mirror, flicked on the right hand indicator and overtook the silly cow. I left her for dust. I mean what the hell was the point of overtaking just to dawdle in front of me?!
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

https://thebdc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Stupid old bag!! Empty Re: Stupid old bag!!

Post  Paladin Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:11 am

She probably slowed down cos you beeped her. Had it happen before....
Paladin
Paladin

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:30 am

Palatine 2 wrote:She probably slowed down cos you beeped her. Had it happen before....
It was probably more of a case that she was a senile old biddy who can't drive!
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paladin Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:04 pm

Daisy Dart wrote:
Palatine 2 wrote:She probably slowed down cos you beeped her. Had it happen before....

I can't stand some of those elderly drivers, who act like the speed limit is the same as it was back in 1900. Pulling onto a motorway from a short sliproad, stuck behind some stupid old git doing 30mph is not fun!!
Paladin
Paladin

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:06 am

Palatine 2 wrote:
Daisy Dart wrote:

I can't stand some of those elderly drivers, who act like the speed limit is the same as it was back in 1900. Pulling onto a motorway from a short sliproad, stuck behind some stupid old git doing 30mph is not fun!!

Travelling along the A12 whilst on route yesterday I got stuck behind two numpties who decided to do 35mph in a 50mph zone. It was just as bad as being stuck behind a bloody tractor!
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  K1YRL Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:13 am

Remember it`s a speed limit not a speed target
But yes it is annoying being stuck behind someone doing way under the speed limit.
K1YRL
K1YRL

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:55 am

K1YRL wrote:Remember it`s a speed limit not a speed target
But yes it is annoying being stuck behind someone doing way under the speed limit.

Thing is when you're driving a bus people behind you can't see what's happening in front so they assume that it's the bus that's dawdling and holding up the traffic, not a pair of cars.
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Evil Bus Driver Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:46 am

Daisy Dart wrote:
K1YRL wrote:Remember it`s a speed limit not a speed target

Thing is when you're driving a bus people behind you can't see what's happening in front so they assume that it's the bus that's dawdling and holding up the traffic, not a pair of cars.

Thats why I love it when they try and get round and come unstuck... Twisted Evil
The Evil Bus Driver
The Evil Bus Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:23 am

Daisy Dart wrote:they assume that it's the bus that's dawdling and holding up the traffic, not a pair of cars.

Only thing is with us, it is actually the bus holding up traffic because First's Darts are so crap at picking up speed on long and gradual inclines Laughing

Anyone see that episode of Top Gear when they went on that caravan holiday, and they were so embarrassed by the line of traffic behind them so they pulled over? Yeah... that happens every day on my route around 15 minutes past the hour on the dot. Once you get into the next village and stop to let people off, it takes a good five minutes to pull out again because of the line of cars passing that the bus held up! Some drivers actually wave people past or wait for any cars nearby to pass before setting off from the previous stop, lol

Veolia have no such problem though in the Centros, time it right and back off a tad until a particular short but steeper incline before the long and gradual one, plant your foot to the floor so it kicks down into 4th or 5th then hold it for a few minutes in that gear til the gradient levels off a bit more and let it slip back in to the next gear. Sorted Razz
Pukerlicious
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:01 am

Veolia, the company that just had their o licence slashed for being cowboys, and not running to timetable/route/condition of vehicles...
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:05 am

Yeah, and er... Friday the 7:58am working of X63 turned up around 8:30 and today I don't even know if it turned up at all, I gave up waiting at 20 past and got the college bus which came past.

Make no doubt about it, they are awfully unreliable for the most part. Rarely is it on time, it's usually late or sometimes early. But when they do turn up, they're better than First Twisted Evil

I dunno if the fine etc was more about Treforest than Abercrave though, dunno what Treforest are like in terms of time-keeping etc. Or there's Newport or Crofty, but don't think it's them for some reason.
Pukerlicious
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:11 am

Its the Wales op as a whole, basically being a complete shambles. Next time they are up before the TC, they will probably revoke the operators licence
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:59 am

I wonder why it is though... at least the time keeping. Is it just the driver's fault because they're all too laid back or what? I just don't understand why, it's not always something wrong with the bus or whatever.

I mean, the particular journey I mentioned above starts just up the road from the depot, what's the problem?
Pukerlicious
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:33 am

The company is a shambles. Drivers do what they want, when they want, and the vehicles are mostly unroadworthy. VOSA stopped several vehicles that were on the road with severe defects, and apparently drivers were told to carry on, even when they road called buses..They are lucky it wasnt Beverley Bell they were up before. She would have immediately revoked the operators licence. She takes no crap off anyone. A few years back it was almost adios First Manchester..She gave them 6 months to replace 180 buses with brand new vehicles, otherwise she was going to revoke their O licence.
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:50 am

I honestly think First Cymru would get into trouble too if they had a look taken at them... reliability isn't fantastic (although generally on time more than Veolia is, but I still wouldn't call it punctual) and maintenance also. They're also a shambles sometimes, I must admit. Oh how I'd love that new buses order to be here, I wouldn't be surprised if ours are worse than Manchester's were Razz

The other thing is being early with First, more often than not they will drive past early when I'm going home because they didn't wait long enough at previous stops.
Pukerlicious
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:24 am

Pukerlicious wrote:
Daisy Dart wrote:they assume that it's the bus that's dawdling and holding up the traffic, not a pair of cars.

Only thing is with us, it is actually the bus holding up traffic because First's Darts are so crap at picking up speed on long and gradual inclines Laughing

Anyone see that episode of Top Gear when they went on that caravan holiday, and they were so embarrassed by the line of traffic behind them so they pulled over? Yeah... that happens every day on my route around 15 minutes past the hour on the dot. Once you get into the next village and stop to let people off, it takes a good five minutes to pull out again because of the line of cars passing that the bus held up! Some drivers actually wave people past or wait for any cars nearby to pass before setting off from the previous stop, lol

Veolia have no such problem though in the Centros, time it right and back off a tad until a particular short but steeper incline before the long and gradual one, plant your foot to the floor so it kicks down into 4th or 5th then hold it for a few minutes in that gear til the gradient levels off a bit more and let it slip back in to the next gear. Sorted Razz

First's Darts aren't crap! Stagecoach ones might be Evil or Very Mad
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down