Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abusing innocent staff

4 posters

Go down

Abusing innocent staff Empty Abusing innocent staff

Post  Daisy Dart Fri May 14, 2010 2:17 pm

The other day I visited a bus station and had to go into the travel office there. A few moments prior to going into the travel office I had witnessed a rather bad bus driver nearly knock down a small family group on a crossing at the entrance to the bus station. The bus driver just drove off, seemingly totally oblivious that there had been a group of people halfway over the crossing. Understandably the dad in the family group was a bit angry.
Well I went into the travel office and the dad of the family group was in also in there. Anyway he's telling the woman in the travel office what had just happened. The woman asked him if he got the registration or the fleet number of the bus. He claimed it was a 'H' reg, which it wasn't. The guy seemed to think that this poor lady, who only worked for First, should know the comings and going of every single bus in the bus station, a rather busy bus station that at least 4 other operators use. He started to become really angry at her for not knowing the reg and fleet number of the bus herself. In the face of such rage the lady behind the desk managed to keep calm and polite. She even phoned up the complaint line for the guy and allowed him to speak directly to them. The guy wasn't satisfied with the answers he got from the complaint line and stormed out of the office.
While I can understand his anger at what the bus driver did,(I would have been angry too) I don't think it was fair the way he spoke to the poor lady in the travel office. I mean she wasn't responsible for what happened and from where she was sat in her office she couldn't have seen it. She had to ask about the bus and it's registration to ensure it was definitely a First bus and not one of the other companies.
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

https://thebdc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Abusing innocent staff Empty Re: Abusing innocent staff

Post  cleetus speckler Sat May 15, 2010 4:30 pm

I must admit that I've been guilty in the past of abusing innocent staff.

Basically what happened was, when I was buying my house, my cheque for the deposit bounced as I had used an old cheque book which had been cancelled by the Abbey. When I went round to my branch to draw out the money in cash I was told that I could get only a fraction of what was required in one instant transaction.

I went mad. I could see my house slipping away from me as the solicitor wanted the money in by the end of the day and even though the girl in the Abbey was trying to help me out I couldn't see it that way and I was ranting and raving (but 100% true I didn't use any bad language). Anyway the long and short of it was that we managed to get the deposit paid with about 10 minutes to go before the other side pulled out.

Looking back on it that evening I realised what a complete and utter fool I had made of myself with the lass, Next day I went back into the Abbey with a big bocquet and a box of chocolates for her. I apologised to her and there were a couple of tears shed.

cleetus speckler

Back to top Go down

Post  umkay Mon May 17, 2010 3:11 am

cleetus speckler wrote:I must admit that I've been guilty in the past of abusing innocent staff.

Basically what happened was, when I was buying my house, my cheque for the deposit bounced as I had used an old cheque book which had been cancelled by the Abbey. When I went round to my branch to draw out the money in cash I was told that I could get only a fraction of what was required in one instant transaction.

I went mad. I could see my house slipping away from me as the solicitor wanted the money in by the end of the day and even though the girl in the Abbey was trying to help me out I couldn't see it that way and I was ranting and raving (but 100% true I didn't use any bad language). Anyway the long and short of it was that we managed to get the deposit paid with about 10 minutes to go before the other side pulled out.

Looking back on it that evening I realised what a complete and utter fool I had made of myself with the lass, Next day I went back into the Abbey with a big bocquet and a box of chocolates for her. I apologised to her and there were a couple of tears shed.

Woah! That's a lovely story Smile I think you're really big for going to such lengths to apologise *thumbsup*

umkay

umkay

Back to top Go down

Post  freedompaisley Tue May 18, 2010 5:17 am

It should be pointing out that folk on the other side of the fence are just as bad. i see that with some of the folk i work with.

freedompaisley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down