Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caught being naughty on the job?

+7
LynxZF7
The Evil Bus Driver
2eZero
Sheep
Bristol LH
Daisy Dart
Pukerlicious
11 posters

:: The Depot :: Bus Fans

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Caught being naughty on the job? Empty Caught being naughty on the job?

Post  Pukerlicious Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:56 pm

Has anyone ever caught someone/been caught doing something naughty on the job?

I saw a South Wales Transport driver today in Swansea smoking whilst driving, although he wasn't in service so nobody else was on-board. Still, he could get into deep trouble for that and could end up with a hefty fine!
Pukerlicious
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Caught being naughty on the job? Empty Re: Caught being naughty on the job?

Post  Daisy Dart Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:11 pm

I'm not telling if I've been naughty or not!!!! Razz
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

https://thebdc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:15 pm

hahaha Smile
Pukerlicious
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:19 pm

I did hear a right classic one from some other drivers. Two bus drivers, one male and one female, got caught shagging on the stairwell of a double decker bus. Apparently something had happened on the bus and the CCTV had been down loaded. One of the cameras had recorded the two drivers going at it hammer and tongs when the bus was parked up in the layover!!!
Both of them were married but not to each. They both ended up getting sacked for gross misconduct.
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:21 pm

I was actually wondering if that had ever happened, but thought nah... nobody would be so stupid to do that. I underestimated how thick, stupid and strange human beings can be Laughing
Pukerlicious
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:46 am

Pukerlicious wrote:I was actually wondering if that had ever happened, but thought nah... nobody would be so stupid to do that. I underestimated how thick, stupid and strange human beings can be Laughing

Apparently these two drivers couldn't keep their hands off of one another!
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:21 am

Daft buggers deserved the tin tack!
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:01 pm

Was driving a coach 'dead' to another yard with another driver a few months ago, he was stood up at the front talking - while smoking... not long after he'd lit up the company owner's range rover was coming the other way. Queue him hastily chucking the lit fag onto the carpeted floor at the front!

Sheep

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:13 am

LOL! Fag burns on the carpet now?
Pukerlicious
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  2eZero Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:58 am

Hmm. Indiscretions. Lets see Very Happy

1. A driver felt he was 'allowed' to roam the city in the hour or so between terminating after the last service finished. Quite a few times he found me waiting time for certain events to happen whilst reading a book in the cab. I had got a tad peeved off with some Wan... someone more senior at the depot who often drove the staff bus, so was waiting time. I wouldn't get paid if I didn't put a late payment in but I still managed to get back to the depot after they had gone and not get in his face.

Said driver has also been warned off due to speeding inappropriately, which I can believe with him being a young whipper snapper that he is. He managed to do a 2 hour run in 90 minutes. Not sure what happened to the timing points but sauntered into the garage and the canteen and spent his time there. Young fool basically. He has now departed the company for other excitements.

2. Several years back one of the drivers was 'caught' by a passenger whilst having norty things done to him. Alas she was barely legal and he was in his mid 20s but they did it on the back of a decker with CCTV. The passenger had not seen a driver but it was cold outside so used the emergency door open to get on the bus and wait. After a while heard odd noises upstairs and went to investigate. Was a tad surprised. Complained to the company who pulled CCTV and got perfect images of it.

3. A newish driver stopped for a pee on a quiet route. Bus was empty, no one around, just some hedges and that was it. Stopped and isolated the bus, hazards on and nipped behind the hedge for a slash. The slash was very good. Apparently didn't hear a car pull up sharply and running feet followed by extra lights. When he emerged having zippered up found a police car lighting the area up and the officers looking around as they thought the driver had been attacked and removed from bus forcibly. Driver sheepishly explained, officers had a laugh and said it was the proper thing to do and they agreed it wouldn't be put on paper. Driver revealed part to his g/f who passed it onto me via a drunk conversation. They are occasionally difficult to follow you know )

4. Driver was on a contract run. Having dropped his charges at a business college he had to find somewhere to park up. Being a stickler he tried bus stops and was asked numerous times via radio to move on. Eventually he found a quiet spot, backed into a nice long layby and waited.

Nearly ready to go he fired up the engine and... It won't go. Seems the 'layby' was actually a dirt track at the side of the road and the back wheels had sunk. Still. Driver took photos and did lots of prep for his disciplinary and got away with it. He couldn't park at the site and there wasn't really anywhere nearby that he could safely park and if anything the company had failed him. He won.

5. Whilst approaching a bus stop I have failed to take into account the bit of the kerb that angles out just before the stop. No fcking idea why mind, but I caught it at an angle and the bus failed to go up it, so everyone got a sharp sideways jolt at 20mph.

What I do hate though is when I pull into a bus stop with the bus showing 'not in service' and all the lights are out and ive pulled the blinds down for 5 minutes 'rest' away from the passengers do they wander over, tap on the door or window and question me.

I have learnt the hard way to ignore them. Eventually with my short 'break' over I'll fire up, set the signs up and go on the right stand. If and when they do get on and question me I often use such excuses as 'four hours on the bus and you disturb my only break' or 'do you know what 'not in service' means?' I've had it with pensioners who will see me dozing and wait quietly, unless it's really crap weather. Then some will quietly open the door, close it behind them and quietly take a seat, not really grasping that that door and an icy blast coming in is actually very obvious and loud, but fair play. Some of them do have brains Wink

2eZero

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:12 am

On the last point I *always* try to park away from the stop if i've got a bit of time to myself, there's little that winds me up more when you've got 25 minutes to wait at one end, trying to catch a nap as you've been in since 5.30 when you hear a little tap... tap... tap on the window

"can I get on now please???"... NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheep

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:10 am

I have heard of a driver in Lancashire has recently been fired for crashing his bus into a new BMW, whilst texting on his phone. CCTV footage caught him. He will be shortly due before the traffic commissioner. He will no doubt have the book thrown at him, as not only will he be prosecuted in the magistrates court, he will also be done by VOSA. Guaranteed loss of licence.

Stupid sod has himself to blame.
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Evil Bus Driver Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:16 pm

Daisy Dart wrote:I did hear a right classic one from some other drivers. Two bus drivers, one male and one female, got caught shagging on the stairwell of a double decker bus. Apparently something had happened on the bus and the CCTV had been down loaded. One of the cameras had recorded the two drivers going at it hammer and tongs when the bus was parked up in the layover!!!
Both of them were married but not to each. They both ended up getting sacked for gross misconduct.

If they were ugly then that'd be REALLY gross misconduct... Suspect
The Evil Bus Driver
The Evil Bus Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:18 pm

Groan!
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Evil Bus Driver Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:29 pm

Naked and covered in boils, just like you imagine management would be.

You want to see the new First CEO?

Caught being naughty on the job? Deep_one_dude

The Evil Bus Driver
The Evil Bus Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:50 pm

Thought that was the Go Ahead boss LOL. BTW Go Ahead company Southern Vectis is the biggest con merchant bus company in the UK. £10 for a day rider..For a tiny little shitehole like the Isle of Wight? Second most expensive is Wilts & Dorset...Also Go Ahead. Robbing the punters blind for a second rate bus service...That's Go Ahead policy it seems.
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Evil Bus Driver Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:09 pm

Lol. Go-Ahead are about to have a change of CEO as Keith Ludeman is retiring. Apparently the new bloke cos the old MD of London General.
Our day rider in Brighton is £3.70 or if you want the Tunbridge Wells/Eastbourne one it's a fiver.
The Evil Bus Driver
The Evil Bus Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:23 pm

For a complete Metro rover which is valid throughout the West Yorkshire boundary of god knows how many hundred square miles, its only a fiver!
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Evil Bus Driver Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:46 pm

Yeah that's probably about the same as our SuperSaver which is also a fiver and gives unlimited travel on all B&H some Compass Travel and some Metrobus buses, right into Kent too. Probably about a few hundred square miles too.
The Evil Bus Driver
The Evil Bus Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:54 pm

I remember Southern Vectis trying to ban an independant from Newport bus station. They failed to as it was declared illegal. SV are Nazis to be honest, and it is time someone big muscled in and gave them the kicking they actually deserve, and give the island the service they deserve
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LynxZF7 Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:03 am

Get stagecoach to flood the streets with magic buses. Twisted Evil

Metros £5 pass is really cheap considering I could go all the way from hebden bridge to boston spa on it and back, on any company. Further than that even.

I don't understand companies like Redline in Barnsley doing passes when they have only 4 small routes.
LynxZF7
LynxZF7

Back to top Go down

Post  AdamTheBusDriver Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:57 am

Im a SV driver, Not all of us are bad, Just the management....

AdamTheBusDriver

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:35 pm

Do us a favour mate, change your name..There cant be that many drivers with the same first name as you, and drivers can be sacked for posting on forums like this if they are rumbled....
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Evil Bus Driver Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:20 pm

SV, Wilts and Dorset and BlueStar are all essentially one company just each piece has a different name. They all have the same management team and most of the drivers have no idea who their MD is (Any ideas Adam?)
The Evil Bus Driver
The Evil Bus Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:20 pm

The Evil Bus Driver wrote:SV, Wilts and Dorset and BlueStar are all essentially one company just each piece has a different name. They all have the same management team and most of the drivers have no idea who their MD is (Any ideas Adam?)

That sounds like Arriva. I mean First had its Moir Lockhead, Now Toole and Stagecoach has Brian Souter, but who the heck is the Chief executive of Arriva?
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next