Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you know where every single bus route goes?

+6
Blakeyhammer
Pukerlicious
Sheep
Daisy Dart
Bristol LH
madmentalmike
10 posters

Go down

Do you know where every single bus route goes? Empty Do you know where every single bus route goes?

Post  madmentalmike Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:49 am

Passenger: Which bus goes to Canning Town?
Me: I think the 108 towards Stratford goes there.
Passenger: What do you mean, you think? You're a bus driver, you're supposed to know!

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realise I was supposed to know where every bleeding bus route in London goes...now feck off and look at the timetables and/or ask at the enquiry desk!

Twisted Evil

madmentalmike

Back to top Go down

Do you know where every single bus route goes? Empty Re: Do you know where every single bus route goes?

Post  Bristol LH Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:18 am

They always expect you to know which bus goes where, and at what time, even if it is a completely different company. Muppets!
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Do you know where every single bus route goes? Empty Re: Do you know where every single bus route goes?

Post  Daisy Dart Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:35 pm

I had the misfortune of doing the town route today, which terminates at Tower Ramparts bus station. This bus station is mostly Ipswich Buses routes, only a few First ones serve there. But every time I end up there I get plagued with questions about Ipswich Buses routes. What really pisses me off is that there will be Ipswich Buses drivers hanging about but the silly bastards don't ask them, no they go up to the driver of a completely different bus company instead!! Mad
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

https://thebdc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  madmentalmike Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:39 am

They do it just to annoy us, Daisy. No doubt they ask the Ipswich Buses drivers about First routes!

madmentalmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:39 am

madmentalmike wrote:They do it just to annoy us, Daisy. No doubt they ask the Ipswich Buses drivers about First routes!

Aye they do, a few Ipswich Buses drivers have told me that!!
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:58 pm

had one the other day that had to be (physically) restrained by his mate because I didn't know what time some random stagecoach bus went, shouting that i should "LOOK ON THAT, LOOK THERE!!!!!!!!!" - my ticket machine???

retards...

Sheep

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:43 am

Another thing I don't get is people trying to use tickets cross-operator. For example, it might clearly have First on it but thinks they can use it on Veolia.

And another thing, "is this the bus to Westernmoor?" "Yes, that's why it says it in HUGE LETTERS ON THE FRONT!" ugh. Even though the bus is in the right bay, right time and the person did actually look at the front first. I'm just a passenger or observer and it gets on my nerves, so god knows what the driver feels like...
Pukerlicious
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Blakeyhammer Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:23 am

ediblechickenwing wrote:Another thing I don't get is people trying to use tickets cross-operator. For example, it might clearly have First on it but thinks they can use it on Veolia.

And another thing, "is this the bus to Westernmoor?" "Yes, that's why it says it in HUGE LETTERS ON THE FRONT!" ugh. Even though the bus is in the right bay, right time and the person did actually look at the front first. I'm just a passenger or observer and it gets on my nerves, so god knows what the driver feels like...

Couple of months back I was sat on stand for 10 mins with LEEDS in foot high letters on the front. I was just people watching, as you do and noticed this f*ckwit sat looking. With about 10 seconds to go, he wandered over and asked "Are you going to Leeds?", I couldn't resist saying "No, Ripon", shut the doors and left.

Apparently he went up to the kiosk and asked where the 1920 to Leeds was? Duty Manager looked at his screen, turned, pointed up the road and said, "There it goes now". He wasn't a happy chappy, bless Wink
Blakeyhammer
Blakeyhammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:00 am

LOL, ah how I love sarcasm like that... makes my day. Laughing
Pukerlicious
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:46 pm

Pukerlicious wrote:Another thing I don't get is people trying to use tickets cross-operator. For example, it might clearly have First on it but thinks they can use it on Veolia.

That happens all the time where I am based. For as long as anyone can remember Ipswich has had two main bus companies, Eastern Counties (which was once part of the National bus company many moons ago, but is now part of the First empire) and Ipswich Buses (which was formerly Ipswich Borough Transport and a municipal bus company, soon to be part of the Go Ahead empire). Despite the long history of two bus companies sharing the town, people still assume it's all one company. First are of course in Barbie colours and Ipswich Buses are green and white, hardly easy to mistake on for the other! Certain dozy people assume that the two will take each others day, weekly and monthly tickets. No don't be silly. One company isn't going to lose revenue by allowing punters to travel for free on another company's ticket!
Now because Ipswich Buses have coin vaults and don't give change, people assume (without asking I might add) that First have them too. No First drivers have a float and give change. But this doesn't stop idiots coming on to First buses and poking pound coins into the slot on the ticket machine where the ticket comes out. Had one do that the other day and it took me ages to get the damn coin out. When I asked her why she put it in there in the first place her answer was that she didn't know! Well frigging ask in future!!
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Evil Bus Driver Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:48 am

Heh. We get that too. Trying to use Stagecoach or even Big Lemon tickets and getting the arse when they get declined. The only other operators' tickets we take are Metrobus (another Go-Ahead company) and Compass travel (for whatever reason) Saver tickets and Council-promoted Explorer tickets which are valid on every bus in Sussex.

People come on the bus and ask where they should put the money. I just say "On the coin tray will be fine". Also we have this double tray thing with a quick change dispenser so they put the money on top and the change drops out below. I actually had one put it on the bottom (which is annoying enough) and when I said it went on the top she was like "What difference does it make?" and I'm like "So I can actually get at it" and she grudgingly put it in the right place. Sometimes I wonder how they get out of bed in the morning without accidentally killing themselves in some stupid way.
The Evil Bus Driver
The Evil Bus Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  peanutbutter Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:57 am

Maybe you should tell them about this!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBLyh0lZ8po
peanutbutter
peanutbutter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady P Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:46 pm

OMG This thread reminds me of a few incidents.

When working for First Bus in Sheffield we would often get asked about National Express coaches. GRRRR

The oddest one I ever got was a guy stopped by bus and asked "What time is the next one?" So I replied "Whats wrong with this one?". Im sure in his head it was a reasonable question but I couldnt see it.

Then of course my favourite, and one thats often comes up
Passenger: Can I have a return please?
Me: Certainly, where to?
Passenger: Here!

With regards to the destination boards, in Norwich we used to run a Park and Ride service via the University. The buses would come in to the University and the next stop was the park and ride......5 miles away. People would get on and flash their yearly pass without telling you where they were going. If you asked them where they were going you would usually get some rude response about it being a yearly pass, so you gave up asking. So, off you would go and as soon as you hit the dual carriageway the passengers would come up to the cab and tell you that this wasnt the way to the city centre.
O, I mentioned the 5 miles to the next stop, but I forgot to mention the 15 minute layover LOL

Lady P

Back to top Go down

Do you know where every single bus route goes? Empty Oh I could crush a great. Absolutely!

Post  Relaxer Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:53 am

It drives me nuts when the destination blind quite clearly says CATSHILL so I explain to them, the dopey passengers, that I'm ONLY going to Catshill, they get on, pay etc etc then they, when we get to Catshill, say 'oh, are you not going to Birmingham New St?'

Urm....no, not this time...

But I want to go to B.N.S!

Well, I'm only going to Catshill this time. The Birmingham one is about 10 minutes so it won't be long.

BUT I DEMAND TO GO TO BIRMINGHAM! I HAVE A HIGHLY IMPORTANT APPOINTMENT WITH THE PUB DOMINOES TEAM!

Well, my ticket machine/module isn't programmed for B.N.S this trip, I'm a a well-earned break & have to have one by law anyway. Next driver is Paul who will take you there...

BUT...BUT! YOU'RE A FAT PIG! YOU'RE AN UGLY (BLEEP)! No

Don't you just LOVE imbeciles?!
Relaxer
Relaxer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down