Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annoying old biddy!

+2
Bristol LH
Daisy Dart
6 posters

Go down

Annoying old biddy! Empty Annoying old biddy!

Post  Daisy Dart Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:26 pm

Stopped at the terminus today and switched off the engine. After loading up the waiting punters I got out and had a cig, then got back in the cab to wait until it was time to go. Anyway this annoying stupid old bat comes up and starts having ago at me saying that the bus should have left at 18 minutes past. I says no it leaves at 28 minutes past and to prove it I showed her my running board. Even with the proof in black and white in front of her she wasn't having it. When she was getting off she said in this right sneery voice, "The bus should have left at 18 minutes past." So I replied, no 28 minutes past.
Another bloody case of people who think they know your job better than you do. I mean even after showing her the running board and pointing it out to her she still wouldn't accept it!! I bet she does the same thing everyday to every driver doing that duty!!!
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

https://thebdc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Annoying old biddy! Empty Re: Annoying old biddy!

Post  Bristol LH Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:53 pm

If she keeps complaining, simply refuse her travel, stating abusive behaviour! Hopefully she wont be getting on when they axe the free travel and it costs her half fare into town!
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paladin Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:35 pm

Stupid old baggage. They don't have a right to moan about stuff like that when they ain't paying for it!!

I would have said to her "If you have a problem, go and phone the company about it" and give them the phone number. Drivegreen/Ticket machine would back you up and show that you were running on time.
Paladin
Paladin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blakeyhammer Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:18 pm

I used to try to reason with people like that. Then I realised I was banging my head against a brick wall.

I now just give them the Homer Simpson blink, you know, really slow and exaggerated, followed by eyes up, smile and a "hmmmm".

If they then try the old threat of complaint I reply with, "You are perfectly within your rights to complain if you feel you have a valid complaint. This is the number you need to ring, my driver number is ****. Have a nice day."

It usually throws them out of kilter sufficiently.
Blakeyhammer
Blakeyhammer

Back to top Go down

Post  WOLVERINE /// Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:45 pm

Had a guy get on my bus and put in £1.40 told him the fare was £1.45 he didn't believe me,grumbled about i told him we don't have a £1.40 fare.Did he believe me naw,still he paid the right fare but as said they think they know better. clown
WOLVERINE ///
WOLVERINE ///
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  umkay Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:09 am

Daisy Dart wrote:Stopped at the terminus today and switched off the engine. After loading up the waiting punters I got out and had a cig, then got back in the cab to wait until it was time to go. Anyway this annoying stupid old bat comes up and starts having ago at me saying that the bus should have left at 18 minutes past. I says no it leaves at 28 minutes past and to prove it I showed her my running board. Even with the proof in black and white in front of her she wasn't having it. When she was getting off she said in this right sneery voice, "The bus should have left at 18 minutes past." So I replied, no 28 minutes past.
Another bloody case of people who think they know your job better than you do. I mean even after showing her the running board and pointing it out to her she still wouldn't accept it!! I bet she does the same thing everyday to every driver doing that duty!!!

I think some old people resort to this because they don't really have anyone else to talk to. I guess it is attention seeking in a way. A place I used to work at, I'd have this old lady just come and keep asking me really trivial questions and trying to get a conversation going. I suppose some of the older generation are just lonely, but it doesn't give them an excuse to be arrogant like in your case Daisy. That would have annoyed me too.

umkay

umkay

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:54 am

Here's the ironic twist to this tale. I'd turned off the engine, as they have strict rules now that if standing for more than a minute you must turn it off. When it came up to the time to go I went to turn the bus back on again and she refused to start! So by the time I got it sorted I ended up leaving over 10 minutes late anyway!! Laughing
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

https://thebdc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down