Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday drivers

+4
Blakeyhammer
WOLVERINE ///
Paladin
Daisy Dart
8 posters

:: The Depot :: Off Topic

Go down

Sunday drivers Empty Sunday drivers

Post  Daisy Dart Mon May 31, 2010 4:26 am

Did a dry run to make sure I knew the way to work today and the amount of people dawdling along the A12 today at 45mph!! Even lorries and people with caravans were forced to overtake them!! What is it with these people? Do they think that if they do 50mph then the G-forces will kill them or something??
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

https://thebdc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Sunday drivers Empty Re: Sunday drivers

Post  Paladin Mon May 31, 2010 4:34 am

Those are the people who passed their test before the pre-motorway era, who also think 40mph is perfectly acceptable regardless of driving conditions or speed limits!

Got overtaken by one of them a single track 30mph road last week, followed them up onto the dual carriageway and they wouldn't speed up past 50!!
Paladin
Paladin

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Mon May 31, 2010 5:29 am

Palatine 2 wrote:Those are the people who passed their test before the pre-motorway era, who also think 40mph is perfectly acceptable regardless of driving conditions or speed limits!

Got overtaken by one of them a single track 30mph road last week, followed them up onto the dual carriageway and they wouldn't speed up past 50!!

That is probably true with the older ones, but some of them didn't look that old. They seem to be driving as if in a day dream!!
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WOLVERINE /// Mon May 31, 2010 6:46 am

We have them here aswell,there on a motorway that has a 70 speed limit but they insist in driving at 45/50 mph.Does my nut in Mad the only thing i can think of is that they are saving on fuel and that's why they drive at those speeds.Not that long ago up here the Scottish government recommended that you drive at 50 mph for that very reason.
WOLVERINE ///
WOLVERINE ///
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WOLVERINE /// Mon May 31, 2010 6:48 am

If not the Scottish goverment it was certainly some agency. Rolling Eyes
WOLVERINE ///
WOLVERINE ///
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blakeyhammer Mon May 31, 2010 8:54 am

See these nutbarrs every day coming out of Leeds. They'll quite happily break the 40 limit to get in front of the bus but when we get to the National Speed Limit, they still only do 40, holding every fupper up.
Blakeyhammer
Blakeyhammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Mon May 31, 2010 9:33 am

I have overtaken many a dawdler on the A61 with a coach load of kids from Fishers...The joys of mechanical speed limiters....They don't reign you in until you reach silly speeds. And the amount of times I have been cut up on the hill just after Pannal....Jees....
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  K1YRL Mon May 31, 2010 9:44 am

Blakeyhammer wrote:See these nutbarrs every day coming out of Leeds. They'll quite happily break the 40 limit to get in front of the bus but when we get to the National Speed Limit, they still only do 40, holding every fupper up.
Yeah i think i know where you mean.
I think you are on about Harewood bank where i like to have a good run at it when doing the 781.But sods law dictates that some dawdler is pottering along at 35-40mph forcing the bus to slow to a crawl heading up that damn bank. Neutral
K1YRL
K1YRL

Back to top Go down

Post  freedompaisley Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:51 am

I'm sure the police can do someone for driving to slow on the motorway as its classed as dangerous driving

freedompaisley

Back to top Go down

Post  WOLVERINE /// Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:32 am

It is illegal and the police should do something about after all there quick enough 2 pull up the speeders as both are as dangerous as each other
WOLVERINE ///
WOLVERINE ///
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blakeyhammer Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:25 am

K1YRL wrote:
Blakeyhammer wrote:See these nutbarrs every day coming out of Leeds. They'll quite happily break the 40 limit to get in front of the bus but when we get to the National Speed Limit, they still only do 40, holding every fupper up.
Yeah i think i know where you mean.
I think you are on about Harewood bank where i like to have a good run at it when doing the 781.But sods law dictates that some dawdler is pottering along at 35-40mph forcing the bus to slow to a crawl heading up that damn bank. Neutral

I was actually thinking about the Alwoodly Gates traffic lights GP, outbound from Leeds. Race down the outside lane, (right turn only), to try and beat you through the lights, race round the Grammar School roundabout then slow down to about 40 all the way to Harewood. Have managed to overtake the odd one or two either downhill towards the Horse Farm or down past Wike Lane. Depends which bus I'm in. One or two of them will do 60+ downhill ;o)
Blakeyhammer
Blakeyhammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Blakeyhammer Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:33 am

Bristol LH wrote:I have overtaken many a dawdler on the A61 with a coach load of kids from Fishers...The joys of mechanical speed limiters....They don't reign you in until you reach silly speeds. And the amount of times I have been cut up on the hill just after Pannal....Jees....

Ah, the old Almsford Bank GP.

You know in the mornings when the traffic is backed right up, usually back to the Merc dealers? You still get Nutbarrs screaming up in the outside lane, hoping to push their way in at the top.

Me, I tend to straddle both lanes, blocking the fuppers off. The vehicle thats behind me usually realises what I'm doing and closes any gap Surprised)

Also, outbound to Leeds, at the top of Almsford Bank, just after the last bus stop is a favourite place for the Old Bill to mount a speed trap. The amount of times some knob in a BM or Merc has come flying past us as we're pulling away from a stop, only to be pulled for speeding. It is, I feel, rude not to point and wave, smiling politely as you do. I would beep the horn, but that could be classed as 'inappropriate use', ahem, cough.
Blakeyhammer
Blakeyhammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:40 am

Saw a car today that was dawdling so slow on the A14 that this artic lorry was forced to have to overtake it. The car was being driven by a little old biddy and was doing about 40mph or less!!
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paladin Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:26 pm

The A14 isn't a road you want to drive slowly on. The slowest I'd feel safe driving on there is 60mph to stay ahead of the lorries!!
Paladin
Paladin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:26 pm

Hate them - especially the ones that'll drive like a bat out of hell because they don't want to be behind a bus... overtake you, get infront and then slow down again!

Or if you try overtaking them - they'll speed up, make you abort your overtaking attempt and pull back in... then slow down again. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Sheep

Back to top Go down

Post  Blakeyhammer Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:41 am

I have noticed of late that Sunday drivers have taken to coming out on Saturdays to practice.

I must say though, most Sunday drivers are at least predictable in their actions.

Mini cabs in Leeds however, jeez. A straw poll amongst our staff has voted Premier Cabs as the worst. Some of their vehicles should not even be on the road. Brake lights seem to be an optional extra!!

'bout time WYP, VOSA and Borders Agency mounted another op on Chapeltown Road to rid us of this scurge.
Blakeyhammer
Blakeyhammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:03 am

I have a friend that delivers rental cabs to cover when involved in non fault accidents, and Premier cars has been banned from hiring cars from them. Cars would come back off hire with damage and more often than not, bald tyres after they did wheel swaps! A couple of Beeston based firms are on the blacklist too..

I once actually saw 2 Premier cars hit each other at Moortown Corner...I couldn't stop laughing, and neither could the kids!
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blakeyhammer Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:20 pm

Did you notice a bit ago, the Traffic light Gatso at the bottom of Chapeltown Road had been knocked down?

That was a Premier cab, well, VW Sharran mini bus. I cannot for the life of me work out how he managed it but the Sharran was parked on top of the flattened support pole.

I was laughing so much I nearly missed the light change sequence.
Blakeyhammer
Blakeyhammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:42 pm

He will have been driving on his brother Abdul's licence lol
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:16 am

Probably smoking a spliff at the time too!!!
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:48 am

Whilst high on 'E'. Probably had just bought an ice cream from his cousin Shaffiq's van...
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down