Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strikes in Huddersfield

4 posters

:: The Depot :: Bus News

Go down

Strikes in Huddersfield  Empty Strikes in Huddersfield

Post  peanutbutter Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:30 pm

I have found this;'

[quote author=vectra1800 board=transportintheuk thread=15789 post=172267 time=1299267458]BUS drivers are to vote on a new pay offer – after threatening to strike in Huddersfield on Monday. The First drivers will vote on an improved offer after a bitter 11-month pay dispute. The new offer was made after five hours of talks yesterday between Unite union officials and First managers. Now the union will put the offer to the 188 drivers who work out of Huddersfield bus station.

The ballot will take place next week and that means the planned 24-hour walkout which could have taken place from 3am on Monday has been cancelled. Drivers had voted 129-16 in favour of eight one-day strikes in a postal ballot.

The full story can be accessed and read at - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
peanutbutter
peanutbutter

Back to top Go down

Strikes in Huddersfield  Empty Re: Strikes in Huddersfield

Post  Pukerlicious Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:18 pm

"The drivers earn anything between £7.48 and £10,25 per hour."
Crikey, large bracket there... who would be the drivers earning the higher end of that? I assume a particular role/rota?
Pukerlicious
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  K1YRL Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:43 pm

Pukerlicious wrote:"The drivers earn anything between £7.48 and £10,25 per hour."
Crikey, large bracket there... who would be the drivers earning the higher end of that? I assume a particular role/rota?
Nah,the longer the service the higher the money.Currently it's about 8 years to get on top rate in Leeds.
K1YRL
K1YRL

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:25 am

I see. That's an awesome wage all considered, makes me want to go for it Laughing (although it wouldn't span that high here)
Pukerlicious
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:07 am

K1YRL wrote:
Pukerlicious wrote:"The drivers earn anything between £7.48 and £10,25 per hour."
Nah,the longer the service the higher the money.Currently it's about 8 years to get on top rate in Leeds.

I was on B rate when I left there. Have had to re-start from the lowest level at the depot I'm at now. Got to wait another year and a bit before I go up to the next level.
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

https://thebdc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: The Depot :: Bus News

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum