Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swearing makes you sound stupid!

3 posters

:: The Depot :: Off Topic

Go down

Swearing makes you sound stupid! Empty Swearing makes you sound stupid!

Post  Daisy Dart Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:55 am

Have you ever noticed that people who swear constantly usually have a low IQ? Neds and Chavs use swear words every other word in a sentence, and we all know how thick they are. Also council estate mothers with umpteen kids by as many fathers also spend most of their time swearing, and then the kids pick it up and carry it on. I usually find that those who swear the least tend to be people who are smart and well educated. Ok it may not be in every case, but having working with the public day in and day out you certainly see a lot of proof that thick people swear more than smart people.
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

https://thebdc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Swearing makes you sound stupid! Empty Re: Swearing makes you sound stupid!

Post  Pukerlicious Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:45 pm

Yeah I notice that too. Some people do it so often that it contributes nothing to the sentence whatsoever and it just makes people around them feel uncomfortable sometimes. I find it just plain annoying too, hearing it every other word in the sentence. Some people just don't have the IQ to think of a better and more meaningful word.
Pukerlicious
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Swearing makes you sound stupid! Empty I &^$$ing know what you *&%$ing mean!

Post  Relaxer Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:36 pm

Embarassed I swear but never in front of someone I know don't like it & I hate the f-word, to think it was actually invented by an American woman!

Passengers, a lot of them, do nothing but %$^& & I feel like screaming at them to get a brain! It shows lack of intelligence. Especially those with hundreds of sprogs dragging around with them & they take up just about all the bus so they're swearing & cursing at them for sitting in the wrong seats etc!

I brought my 18 year old son up to be articulate, immaculately dressed & polite & genteel at all times in public - he is too -he's a genuinely lovely young man & I never hear him even say bugger or sod! He told me he swears like a sailor in his room but only when he's alone & makes sure no-one else can hear it, like recently when his wall-mounted book shelf collapsed at 3.32 am & scared the stuffing out of him as it crashed to the floor! THEN I fully admit he had every right to swear the place down! But he's not a swearer under normal circumstances & I so wish others were having his good natured attitude in public!
Relaxer
Relaxer

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:47 am

Don't get me wrong, I do swear but only when it's appropriate (ie when I've just dropped something on my foot.) I just don't see the point of swearing for the sake of it. Not only does it mean you have to take twice as long to say what you are going to say but it also over uses the words. When swear words are used in everyday speech they sort of lose their shock value and swear words need their shock value.
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

https://thebdc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down