Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bus stop for a bus!

3 posters

:: The Depot :: Bus Fans

Go down

Bus stop for a bus! Empty Bus stop for a bus!

Post  peanutbutter Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:03 pm

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/yoursay/letterstotheeditor/8213497.Don___t_fall_victim_to_bus_stop____sniper___/

CAR drivers beware. Following your article headed Excuses, Excuses (Daily Echo, June 4), would you be good enough to warn your readers of Bournemouth Borough council’s latest undercover ruse to increase revenue?

I knew, of course, that one must not park in a designated bus stop area but I thought it was permissible just to allow a passenger to disembark from one’s car.

I had checked that no bus was in the vicinity, so I stopped for no longer than five seconds to allow my wife to get out and then drove off immediately.

In that very brief time I was caught on camera, with a £35 penalty charge.

In my Concise Oxford dictionary a sniper is defined as: “One who shoots from hiding, usually at long range, at individuals”. Enough said!

Drivers be warned.

MICHAEL RIDGEON, Branksome Dene Road, Bournemouth
peanutbutter
peanutbutter

Back to top Go down

Bus stop for a bus! Empty Re: Bus stop for a bus!

Post  Daisy Dart Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:19 pm

Good on Bournemouth council, this sort of thing might discourage twats from blocking up bus stops!! Wish Ipswich Borough Council would install these at the Tower Ramparts bus station to catch knobs that park on the stops there. It would also be better if cars were banned from all the lanes in the bus station, and also from the Cattle Market bus station too. Although bus drivers give way to other reversing buses, car drivers don't. A lot of bus drivers have said there has been several near misses over the years with cars just driving past reversing buses. Reversing buses and cars just don't mix!!
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

https://thebdc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LynxZF7 Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:25 pm

I knew, of course, that one must not park in a designated bus stop area but I thought it was permissible just to allow a passenger to disembark from one’s car.

Wrong, there is no stopping at bus stops except for buses. Serves him right.
LynxZF7
LynxZF7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down