Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving on...

+2
Bristol LH
2eZero
6 posters

Go down

Moving on... Empty Moving on...

Post  2eZero Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:24 pm

Got sacked today. Already was up the creek due to something that happened a few months back and was on my 'final' for my conduct. So they started strongly enforcing certain policies and made it 'zero tolerance' but didn't tell us drivers did they so I got done on a DQM and the boss decided to make an example out of me.

It has been a stressful 12 months. It just seemed to affect me more and get on top of me more, I wasn't coping like I thought I would and there was the relentless pressure for speed and time yet officially pushing safety. Complete double standards really, with the TCs forgetting the pressure on the road and the management forgetting the pressure we have from the TCs.

So. I'm out. Perhaps it's a good thing. I still enjoy driving and will still keep doing so, and I've got the additional benefit of experience in heavies or biggies rather without the actual licence, so you can probably see my next step.

I'll hopefully have a chance to get back in with those hobbies I have shirked away from, the exercise I should have been doing and the fact that thanks to the stresses caused by work I missed out on the final months of a close friend before he succumbed to old age and parkinsons.

Ironically it was him and his wife who were so positive for me when I started the job and 2 months in she died and now I've finished with the company a few months after he died. But that's a chunk of my life that's affected. Well, I guess everyone has that. I'll find another way to cope I'm sure.

I'm appealing the companies decision, of course, and have nothing to lose NOT to take it 'all the way' if I can. And for the record, although DQMd, no one got injured but they did identify issues with my driving that I modified when told about it but they didn't want to know by then did they!

2eZero

Back to top Go down

Moving on... Empty Re: Moving on...

Post  Bristol LH Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:26 pm

Sadly with well over 12,000 PCV holders laid off in the past 12 months in England alone, conditions in the job are just going to get worse, as management know they can replace anyone at a moments notice. and the unions have as much bite as a 17 year old collie dog with no teeth.

Sorry to hear about your circumstances mate. Fight the buggers all the way.
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:03 am

Sorry to hear about what has happened 2eZero. I wish you best of luck for the future and hope that something better comes along for you. I know how you feel at the moment, having gone through a similar experience myself not that long ago.
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

https://thebdc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  2eZero Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:55 am

Thanks Daisy & Bristol Wink

I recall your previous postings Daisy and ISTR you went back with another company into the industry? There is still the option for that with me as I have the PCV licence although soon I hope to have LGV C officially upgrading my licence to PCV stick.

Off with the Agencies today so we'll see how that goes. Thankfully I still have my maps and previous work gear from 3 years ago when I was on the trucks then.

Has to be done, I can't waste away on the dole. Life moves on but likewise I'm not giving up. I'll probably still hang around the forums too Wink

2eZero

Back to top Go down

Post  WOLVERINE /// Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:52 am

Good luck with appeal mate,with a bit of luck you will get some thing you enjoy doing.
WOLVERINE ///
WOLVERINE ///
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:27 am

Good luck mate, maybe it's a change for the better Wink

Btw, might I ask what DQM stands for?
Pukerlicious
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  2eZero Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:44 am

Thanks all Wink

Right. On my licence I have D with no codes but D1 with 01, 101 and 119. I know the mistake was made on the D to miss the 01 and auto entitlement off but doing my LGV will correct that mistake. However, with the minibus. Does this mean I am not allowed to drive minibuses for hire and reward or does the bus cover me for ALL RIGID BUSES? Wink Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Very Happy

2eZero

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:21 am

If the minibus is fitted with an auto box you are fine, however, with a teflon licence you cannot drive manual box ones for H&R. If you have a local hackney licence you can drive up to 8 seaters though.
You would also have to pass the Minibus MIDAS course. They are a PITA to be honest.
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  2eZero Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:40 am

Thanks. That has clarified that little bit there.

So driving a small bus of above 8 and under 16 seats with an auto box is not permitted on my licence, but a bus with more than 16 seats is.

Cheers Wink

2eZero

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:57 am

If it has an auto you can, but completing MiDAS training in some areas is compulsory, which is about 2-3 hours..And boring..
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Evil Bus Driver Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:24 pm

01 is Corrected eyesight (Do you wear glasses?)
101 means Not for Hire or reward
and 119 is weight limit does not apply.
The Evil Bus Driver
The Evil Bus Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  2eZero Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:59 pm

Yeah, I wear glasses. And I have to wear glasses for every class of vehicle except cat 'D' Very Happy

2eZero

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down