Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm not using the new bus lane!

4 posters

Go down

I'm not using the new bus lane! Empty I'm not using the new bus lane!

Post  Daisy Dart Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:53 am

Here in Ipswich they have put a new bus lane in at the bottom of Bishop's hill. At the moment it's not in official use, as there is only one sign up indicating it's a bus lane and nothing painted on the road. When it becomes an official bus lane I'm not going to use it. The reason why is all that will happen is people in cars will just cut the buses up and not give way like they are supposed to. There is another bus lane similar to this in St Helens Street in Ipswich and the cars are forever cutting us up there. So with the one at the bottom of Bishops Hill, I shall stay out of the bus lane and move over when I get passed the lights, stopping prats in cars from dangerously cutting me up and blocking the road up for everyone!
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

https://thebdc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I'm not using the new bus lane! Empty Re: I'm not using the new bus lane!

Post  Pukerlicious Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:05 am

We only have one bus lane here within a good 30 mile radius that I know of, and drivers tend to not use it at all unless there's heavy traffic and it would be quicker to do so. Although the main part of it is priority traffic lighted, so that is a big factor in it being more efficient I suppose.
Pukerlicious
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  freedompaisley Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:20 pm

There's a bus lane on Paisley Road West in Glasgow and i've never seen a bus use it, they all goto the outside lane the same as the cars

freedompaisley

Back to top Go down

Post  WOLVERINE /// Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:17 pm

freedompaisley wrote:There's a bus lane on Paisley Road West in Glasgow and i've never seen a bus use it, they all goto the outside lane the same as the cars

Think i know the one your on about.Have used it 2 service the bus stops but then move out due 2 parked cars Laughing
WOLVERINE ///
WOLVERINE ///
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum