Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bruised and battered

4 posters

Go down

Bruised and battered Empty Bruised and battered

Post  Daisy Dart Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:05 pm

I must have umteen bruises over my body all caused by things in the cab. My poor knees keep getting bashed on the steering wheel surround. I've caught the side of my leg several times on the permanently fitted cash trays. I had a beauty of bruise on the back of my leg from where I slipped getting out of the cab. Also have another nice bruise on my arm caused by the ticket machine. Being a bus driver can be a painful experience at times!!! pale
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

https://thebdc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Bruised and battered Empty Re: Bruised and battered

Post  Bristol LH Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:16 pm

That is actually grounds under the health & safety at work act to get those stupid things removed. Too tight to give each driver a cash tray or cambist
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WOLVERINE /// Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:28 pm

Very rarely drive our Marshall Darts,so keep forgetting how high the step is getting into the cab so have trip geting into it clown clown
WOLVERINE ///
WOLVERINE ///
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:07 am

I can't help thinking the cab looks tiny on NC Palatine 2's as well as the cab door Shocked

I did once fall off a Premiere, and also trip walking up the steps on an older shape Caetano Algarve every single day in a week. By the end of the week the driver was reminding me that there's two deep steps instead of three shallower ones like on the others, yet I still managed to trip over them lol.

I've also smacked my head countless times on the overhead luggage rack on the transition between a Plaxton Paramount and a Premiere which you have less space above your head on, and of course the lovely curved side panels up the back of a B7RLE have made contact with my head on a few occasions. One time I did also manage to almost walk into the wing mirror getting off an Enviro 300, not sure how I managed that considering the width of the door Laughing
Pukerlicious
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum