Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars that never move!

4 posters

Go down

Cars that never move! Empty Cars that never move!

Post  Daisy Dart Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:31 pm

When ever you have to drive a bus through some awkward housing estate or narrow road, there always seems to be a car or van that never moves. No matter what time of day or day of the week these sodding awkwardly parked vehicles are always there.
On one of the estates that I drive round there is a tight bend that you have to negotiate, usually with a 40ft long single decker. Every time I go round there, no matter what day it is, there are always two cars parked right on the junction. One is a green car the other a 4x4 thing. All the houses down that street have off road parking, drive ways or garages, but these two arseholes have to park their sodding cars on the road!
On another estate I have to drive round there is always a dark green car parked opposite a junction we have to turn right into. This car makes the turn rather awkward, especially if you meet another vehicle when manoeuvring. Why do these people bother to have cars if they never sodding use them???
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

https://thebdc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Cars that never move! Empty Re: Cars that never move!

Post  Sheep Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:09 pm

Was on schools the other day - going through a housing estate with cars parked on one side of the road normally. Some lazy white van driver had parked opposite another car, with a bag of cement lying out in the road.. the only way for me to get through (in a 12m coach) was to swing way out on my side of the road and go in diagonally, however his cement bag was in the way.

Gestured for him to move it, or his van out of the way... got a one finger salute and a mouthful of abuse back - bye bye bag of cement mix at about 10mph and a big cloud of dust!! Laughing Laughing

Sheep

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:35 pm

Sheep wrote:Was on schools the other day - going through a housing estate with cars parked on one side of the road normally. Some lazy white van driver had parked opposite another car, with a bag of cement lying out in the road.. the only way for me to get through (in a 12m coach) was to swing way out on my side of the road and go in diagonally, however his cement bag was in the way.

Gestured for him to move it, or his van out of the way... got a one finger salute and a mouthful of abuse back - bye bye bag of cement mix at about 10mph and a big cloud of dust!! Laughing Laughing

Ha ha, that'll teach the bugger!!! Twisted Evil
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:43 am

That's the way, if they won't move barge through! Laughing

You'd never get anywhere around here if we didn't do that. So many people don't understand what a pain in the arse they cause by not leaving enough room, whether it be something parked/on the road or driving. If you see a bus trying to squeeze through or you can see it won't fit past another car if one came then wait and don't pull out!

Example: Click

One day I was sitting in the car parked up when I noticed some guy had parked his car half on the pavement and half on the road, but on the bit that doesn't have parking spaces (so it's only basically wide enough for a bus to fit past). So, not only would he have been blocking one of the Centros if it had come around at the time, but also some woman then parked in front of our car (in the parking area) and made no effort to pull into the curb at all, left it half in the parking space and half in the road. And almost in line with the first car, so it was even narrower! A Transit barely squeezed through at an angle shall we say...

Oh, and people parking right by Barclays around the corner, a bit closer than that little white Peugeot is. Not fun getting a B7RLE around that corner after pulling out of the bus stop!

People are too brainless. Thank god for that pretty black button to your right with a big R on it.
Pukerlicious
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:44 am

It's great when a car lets you out, so you go forward through the gap when a car behind that one decides he doesn't want to wait - overtakes the car that let me out and then refuses point blank to go back.

Have blocked an entire town center up for about 15 minutes once until a policeman caught in traffic decided to walk up and have a look, told him to move!

Sheep

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:27 am

I just came back from there, and guess what... driver spent about 2 minutes trying to weave around the corner between cars, bollards etc. It was fine going home though, although it was a Javelin and almost grinded to a halt on the hills. Never realised they were so underpowered! 5mph up the inclines anyone?
Pukerlicious
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:39 am

Ive driven a Javelin GX 290/Excalibur and found it nippy, but awful to drive..
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:28 am

It was an older P reg with Berkhof body and manual gearbox mind you Razz
Pukerlicious
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:52 am

This was on a P as well, with a stick..Horrid to drive...
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:15 am

I learnt in a P reg Javelin, ex MOD - manual and went like absolute stink up and downhill. Never touched first gear once!

Sheep

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:04 pm

I had to squeeze past a bloody van that belonged to one of the stall holders at Stowmarket market. It was only after I inched my way through that the twat decided to park his van a bit better!
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum