Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unbelievable story.

+3
Pukerlicious
Bristol LH
Daisy Dart
7 posters

Go down

Unbelievable story. Empty Unbelievable story.

Post  Daisy Dart Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:22 pm

Today some drivers were talking about a story that appeared in one of the local rags. It concerned a woman motorist who claims that a First bus began overheating in front of her car and that some of the coolant went into her eyes. Apparently investigations by the company have revealed that there have been no recordings of any buses overheating at the time the alleged incident happened. Also people are questioning how the coolant managed to get through her windscreen and through her glasses, as an accompanying photo showed the woman wearing glasses? Sounds like another iffy case of someone trying to make a fraudulent claim!
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

https://thebdc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Unbelievable story. Empty Re: Unbelievable story.

Post  Bristol LH Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:25 pm

Now that is severely dodgy. Perhaps the local manager, and alledged driver and company doctor could get this loony sectioned? Just a thought...
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:14 pm

People will go to the most ridiculous lengths and make up the strangest of stories...
Pukerlicious
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  notabusdriver Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:44 pm

These people will try anything to get their grubby scumbag faces in a local rag, they should be jailed and have their dole confiscated.

Too thick to realise that all the buses are logged with who is on the turn, or they have cctv etc
notabusdriver
notabusdriver

Back to top Go down

Post  2eZero Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:42 pm

Ok. Assuming this person had got coolant in her eyes they would have a painful burning feeling. She probably could not drive any further. She would have ended up having to call the emergency services not only for medical treatment but also to help get her vehicle off the road. She probably couldn't drive for a while, let alone see. She would have probably been admitted for further tests and there would be a whole raft of paperwork from all sorts of sources. Plus the Police may also have been involved to stop the relevant vehilce in a view for prosecuting the company and/or driver for something or other.

If all those did not happen then she's lying.

Even one drop of the coolant can cause temporary loss of sight and it's bloody painful!

2eZero

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:47 am

2eZero wrote:Ok. Assuming this person had got coolant in her eyes they would have a painful burning feeling. She probably could not drive any further. She would have ended up having to call the emergency services not only for medical treatment but also to help get her vehicle off the road. She probably couldn't drive for a while, let alone see. She would have probably been admitted for further tests and there would be a whole raft of paperwork from all sorts of sources. Plus the Police may also have been involved to stop the relevant vehilce in a view for prosecuting the company and/or driver for something or other.

If all those did not happen then she's lying.

Even one drop of the coolant can cause temporary loss of sight and it's bloody painful!

Well from what I heard she was on her way to pick up her daughter from somewhere. She didn't go to A&E immediately but a few hours after the incident. Like you say, if someone got coolant in their eyes they would need to get urgent medical treatment, not decide to go a few hours later!
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:08 pm

Well I suppose in theory it could happen - i've been burnt by a dart when I went round the back to view the show - on a scorcher of a day it'd had enough and shot all of it's coolant out through the engine vents and I got slightly in its way.. Sad

Sheep

Back to top Go down

Post  RoadRage Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:26 am

Wait...What a service bus with actual coolant in it ?
RoadRage
RoadRage

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:28 am

Sheep wrote:Well I suppose in theory it could happen - i've been burnt by a dart when I went round the back to view the show - on a scorcher of a day it'd had enough and shot all of it's coolant out through the engine vents and I got slightly in its way.. Sad

I think it would be a long shot if you were driving in a car that some of the coolant would manage to get in and actually hit you in the eyes. I mean this stuff had to either get through and open side window, or burn it's way through her windscreen and then get round her glasses!
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum