Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another One Bites The Dust

5 posters

Go down

Another One Bites The Dust Empty Another One Bites The Dust

Post  Blakeyhammer Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:12 am

Last night at work was absolute chaos. The reason? Yet another motorcyclist involved in a fatal accident.

As an ex biker I fully understand the thrill of riding quickly, the buzz you get from a good run out is like no other.

However, taking risks on a road as busy as the A61 when there are signs warning you about the amount of casualties on a particular stretch of road is just plain stupid.

A motorcycle overtaking traffic at speed through a series of bends, marked with double white lines and hatched markings ran out of luck when he met an articulated lorry (see pic below) head on.
Another One Bites The Dust Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHwzVE8MNMYiwMS84i0Vzkh78hxIwl-Tc098y818706hUOGZE&t=1&usg=__b9vbYempstm9K98qT8VI2-Ug3t8=

Whist I feel for and give sympathy to the people the rider left behind, he paid the price for his own stupidity.

This accident caused the road to be closed from 1730 until after midnight.

We, and all other traffic, had to then divert down country roads. After about an hour or so of the diversion being in place, there was yet another serious accident between to cars at a known blackspot with plenty of signage warnings. This road was then closed.

Why oh why do people not heed the warnings and consider themselves invincible. Everyday I see people driving in a manner that will surely see them cause / be involved in a serious accident. Every time you get away with a stupid bit of driving, your accident gets closer.

Please people, be careful out there. It's better to arrive 5 minutes late in this world than 5 minutes early in the next.
Blakeyhammer
Blakeyhammer

Back to top Go down

Another One Bites The Dust Empty Re: Another One Bites The Dust

Post  Bristol LH Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:31 am

Too many bikers think they are invincible. I take it, it was the Ripon side of the A61. Mind you I have been overtaken by dickheads in both cars and bikes on the A61 between the roundabout at Pannal and the river bridge, bearing in mind I would be doing 50 in a coach, so 99% of the time, the morons couldn't see round me, and I would have to stand on the brakes. Thank frig for ABS!

The roads around Sherburn In Elemet on weekends & Wednesdays....Full of idiots on crotch rockets, pumped full of testosterone and caffeine..One biker killed there was a police biker, who was riding like a cock!

Riding like that is why at A&E departments, bikers are known as organ donors. I do hope that the dead biker's family decide to let the deceased be a donor, so someone can live.
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blakeyhammer Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:18 am

Yup, it was just the far side of South Stainley close to the Nidd turn off.
Blakeyhammer
Blakeyhammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:57 am

Sympathy for the family, but not for the biker. Also sympathy for the trucker.
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  K1YRL Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:09 am

There would be a lot more accidents if it wasn`t for us professional anticipating what the morons are going to do and adjust accordingly.
If we just hit every idiot who pulled a stupid stunt round a bus or a lorry then i think that would teach the numptys a lesson who may have to use the bus whilst their car is off the road.

As for the biker,i`m sorry but if you live by the sword you die by the sword.
K1YRL
K1YRL

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:36 am

Yup. Not that long we were driving through Astley (Swillington) towards the old open cast at Bowers Row which has a fairly long sweeping uphill blind bend, and some knobjockey in a leather condom, onboard his crotch rocket was tailgaiting us, then shot past us on the blind bend. Fucking prick! I wouldn't mind but that road has a national speed limit, and we were doing about 60! It is a road I hate, as 16 years ago my cousin Andy was killed in a car crash on that very same road. He was a passenger in the back of a car that was being driven by a fuckwitt mate, lost control of it at the bottom of the hill, and slammed sideways into a concrete lamp post, which shattered and crushed the car's rear. Put it this way, the car driver got what was coming to him as we kicked the living shit out of him a few weeks later!
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:16 pm

I couldn't believe what a stupid biker did the other day on the A12. I was overtaking another car that was going way slower than me. All of a sudden this bike comes between my car and other other car. He nearly took my wing mirror off. Just plain stupidity and impatience.
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

https://thebdc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:34 pm

All I say is I hope that tossers like that end up under the wheels of a Polish lorry! Also make crotch rockets stupidly hard to insure, say premiums of £10,000 for 6 months perhaps? That fatal in North Yorks will have costs of at least a million quid. Road closures, Police investigation, the ambulance crews being tied up, inquest & coroner reports...All the costs incurred should be sent to the prat's insurers! Soon it would be nigh on impossible to insure bikes, as I am sorry to say 99% are an absolute menace who think they are bloody immortal.

A few years back, one of my then customers lost his sister, when her and her boyfriend were on their way back from a day at the coast, he decided to gun it and the police estimate he was doing over 120 mph when he slammed into a car pulling out of a side turning. both died instantly and their bodies were flung several hundred yards.
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paladin Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:51 pm

Daisy Dart wrote:I couldn't believe what a stupid biker did the other day on the A12. I was overtaking another car that was going way slower than me. All of a sudden this bike comes between my car and other other car. He nearly took my wing mirror off. Just plain stupidity and impatience.

I've lost count of the number of times I've had some leather fetish halfwit on a souped up bike do a manoeuvre like that. I've had a biker undertake me on the motorway while I'm overtaking a lorry at 70. If I or the lorry moved slightly over for whatever reason he would have been crushed.
Paladin
Paladin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:21 pm

I watched Interceptors earlier, and one arsehole on a BMW bike, cut up an unmarked BMW on the A12 at over 90, and had the cheek to give the finger
Big mistake. He was so f*ckin arrogant and wouldn't even take his helmet off to when being spoken to. He got summoned to court for 2 counts of dangerous driving and a public order offence. That will be a minimum of 9 points as undertaking carries a minimum of 6 points and around £1000 fine.
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum