Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gibson Direct

4 posters

Go down

Gibson Direct Empty Gibson Direct

Post  freedompaisley Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:29 am

I got a private message on another forum, this is the message below does anyone know if its true or not?
“Gibsons stops running his routes on the 8th nov. M*****s will start theirs on the same day”

Last edited by freedompaisley on Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

freedompaisley

Back to top Go down

Gibson Direct Empty Re: Gibson Direct

Post  Bristol LH Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:55 am

Sounds about right
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:31 pm

We do not give 2 tosses about that bloody company on here, of which one director is a convicted fraudster.

This thread will be deleted over the weekend, and any more that mentions that firm will also be deleted. We will not have busvegs prattling on about a company nobody gives 2 tosses about.
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  freedompaisley Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:25 pm

I assumed folk would be interested in a well run, well liked family company selling up there service side.
I'm sure haggis'll tell you what they're like as a company as i remember her saying she used to work for them.

freedompaisley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:39 pm

Everyone is slowly selling up, simply because operating a bus service isn't profitable any more. Thanks to the DDA, in a very short while every bus & coach service will have the be wheelchair accessible, and small independents wont be able to afford low floor buses to replace aged step entry buses & coaches. The days of the small company are coming to an end. Schools contracts are starting to pay peanuts too, and councils are demanding newer vehicles on contracts, but not willing to pay the prices operators need to run newer vehicles.
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  freedompaisley Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:33 am

That's the thing that makes Gibson's different from most of the other small independent companies in that uk, in that there service fleet has been 100% low floor wheelchair assessable for 3 years now.

freedompaisley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:19 am

All on finance no doubt. Most family run operations will come to an end within the next 5 years, as when the owner retires, they have advised the younger family members not to get involved in the industry, so there is nobody to hand the firms down to. There used to be money made, but thanks to ever tightening legislation, massive insurance premium hikes, constant fuel price rises, and shortly the 2.5% VAT increase to deal with...It just simply doesn't justify the long hours that are needed. You will often find now, that the boss earns less than his/her drivers a year, all for slogging his or her guts out.
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DBS Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:12 pm

Gibsons Direct might have been family run but I knew A driver and recently spoke to another driver about this outfit, the guy that owned Gibsons Direst was a hothead and known to have punched a few drivers in the past but as we know that company that never passes our lips have bought Gibsons for an undisclosed amount meaning expansion into Renfrewshire. this company now have the most control over the south banks of the Clyde.
Glasgow, Barrhead, Paisley, Govan. Renfrewshire and most of Inverclyde so no matter how much you try to blank this lot out your mind its not the last time you will here of this company, this company will eventually be a big player in the west of Scotland.

There were rumers a couple of years back that Arriva want to offload their only interest in Scotland That of Arriva West Scotland and now the unmentionable company has the ex Arriva Scotland MD as their MD now I think its only a matter of time that an offer will be put on the table to take over Arriva's interest...watch this space.
DBS
DBS

http://davidpeacock.fotopic.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:13 pm

They will be forced to sell some ops by the government monopolies commission.
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  freedompaisley Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:45 am

I'd heard that about him as well.

freedompaisley

Back to top Go down

Post  Haggis Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:43 pm

Yes... Gibson Direct has sold out to the Inverclyde Company, our services will cease operation on Sunday 7th November and the other company will restart them on Monday 8th November 2010, the only service route Gibson will continue to operate is the 169 Renfrew Ferry to RAH evening service & all day sundays till the contract runs out, all private hires, schools, contracts etc will stay with Mr Gibson and will continut to trade as Gibson Direct, staff, mechanics & drivers have been told they can move to the other company if they wish to and will operate from Barrhead, im staying with Gibson Direct as i only do schools & hires.... Very Happy Gibson Direct has served Renfrew for 14 years and the timing was right to sell out, a lot of passengers will miss Gibsons operating through Renfrew but we shall wait and see how the other company will run the services... Cool

As for DBS saying that the owner of Gibson Direct has punched a few drivers in the past is a load of tosh, yes he has a temper but then who doesnt when your vehicles are pranged through carelesness but i can asure you he has never lifted a finger to any one that has worked for him, he is not that stupid so i suggest you get your facts right next time... Wink

Haggis

Back to top Go down

Post  DBS Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:37 am

Hey thanks for your rant nice to see you back on form!

In my opinion a boss of any company should show restraint when dealing with others and "losing his temper" should never happen We all make mistakes, its part of life, ok there may be a few out there that prang buses carelessly but Diplomacy should be used in all cases.

Oh and as I said I knew two drivers who worked for this outfit, one left after a day, this guy worked for Stagecoach so he has had his fare share of shit off managment the other walked out after 6 months working there!

Remember this forum is not for arguments, why do you think we left the other forum! Peace out. Surprised
DBS
DBS

http://davidpeacock.fotopic.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Haggis Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:47 am

Im not here for any argument but when you say that he has punched a few drivers when its not true is slanderous and you just dont know who is watching on any of the boards!! Like any boss he has a right to vent his anger if his vehicles are being pranged through clreless driving, he will have his rant then walk away.... Neutral Not Mr Gibsons problem if a driver quits after one day, either some sticks at a job or they dont, i chucked a job after 3 days with another local company... why cos their buses were stinking of fumes all day... Evil or Very Mad But then Gibsons buses are all newish and all low floor... Cool

Haggis

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:22 am

Haggis, no operator will be squeaky clean, and Gibson's will have a few skeletons in the cupboard. There is a very high chance it was a 'sell up before we do a Mckindless', as the low floor tackle will all be on finance, and revenue probably only just covers their payments, with little or no profit for the owners.

Wouldn't be nice to 'retire' with debts running into tens of thousands...
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Haggis Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:58 pm

I've known the Gibson family for years, my sister and brother was at school with Robert, i know how he operates and everything is above board... Wink Wink

Haggis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum