Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arrggh!! Schools are back!

3 posters

Go down

Arrggh!! Schools are back! Empty Arrggh!! Schools are back!

Post  Daisy Dart Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:38 pm

Chugging along peacefully in my bus this afternoon, turn a corner and was greeted by a bus stop at which the baying hoards of Genghis Khan were waiting for me. Well actually give the kids their due they were all fairly polite and didn't give me any grief. Most of them got off well before the town anyway. If they stay like that all year round I'll be happy.
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

https://thebdc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Arrggh!! Schools are back! Empty Re: Arrggh!! Schools are back!

Post  2eZero Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:31 pm

Was approaching a bus stop in mid July, I was in a Volvo B7 and there was at least 100 kids around the bus stop, into the road, along the pavement. They all jumped up and swarmed into the road as I turned the corner. This was the stop BEFORE the terminus where we normally turn.

As I was running late I had already been instructed to drop off only and then run dead to city to start from there.

The kids were spreading into the road, intent on stopping me. I calmly reached up and hit the button to reset the display and give them the polite message of 'Sorry, I'm not in service'.

As I was going past a whole bunch of half empty drinks cans shot out and most found their target, smashing at least 4 windows. I pulled in and called up on the radio, the response was that they would divert other buses around that area due to the 'disruptive kids'. With the radio turned up and kids crowding around laughing at their inflicted damage their attitude changed especially when one asked what that meant. I replied that there would be no buses along this road for the next hour, and the police would probably turn up too...

I had a relaxing half hour until the engineers turned up to sweep up the glass and I'd already filled out the paperwork.

Another time the kids piled on when the display said "Dropping Off Only" and almost rioted when we got to the first terminus and I carried on going upto the far end of the industrial estate, where I stopped the engine and waited... I'd be instructed to miss a trip (as was over an hour late) and start the next run in 15 minutes time.

The bus was packed, and they had to wait. The doors were open though so a lot of them got of for a fag anyway.

I'm on earlies next week so get a chance to see the brats in the morning. The stressful bit I find is working out how to limit the numbers to the max the vehicle carries but most seem to stand upstairs anyway, there aren't inspectors around and I'm expected to carry on regardless of the rules.

2eZero

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:04 pm

Hurray, overtime on days off!!!!

Part of the service shift I did today involves a school run, had 80 of the bastards on as the heavens opened, crap demisters and one of the bastards ringing the bell about three times as econd... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Sheep

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down