Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can't see my mirrors? I can't see you

4 posters

Go down

can't see my mirrors?  I can't see you Empty can't see my mirrors? I can't see you

Post  cleetus speckler Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:04 pm

driving down a dual carriageway this morning, flat out at an indicated 55mph, I noticed in my mirror a flatbed truck with a wide load (one of those static caravans) pulling out to overtake me. When he had got past me I gave him a flash to let him know he was clear to pull in when it struck me that I couldn't see his nearside mirror. Which meant he couldn't see my flashing.

Anyway after he had pulled in curiousity got the better of me so I pulled out into the empty outside lane. Sure enough I couldn't see his offside mirror either. It basically meant that he had pulled out blind to overtake (and also to turn right at the roundabout further down) Shocked

cleetus speckler

Back to top Go down

can't see my mirrors?  I can't see you Empty Re: can't see my mirrors? I can't see you

Post  Daisy Dart Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:35 pm

The other night driving home from work there was this builders van in front of me. He overtook other vehicles several times, often just pulling out on people so I don't think he was using his mirrors. Not once though did he use his indicators to warn people he was pulling out to over take. Neither did he indicate to show he was coming off the dual carriage way. I followed him until I nearly got home, as he was going the same way. The only time he indicated was on the last roundabout, he gave two flashes to show he was coming off!
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

https://thebdc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

can't see my mirrors?  I can't see you Empty Re: can't see my mirrors? I can't see you

Post  cleetus speckler Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:35 pm

Daisy, re your post about not indicating (and also your other thread about never a copper around) let's merge the two.

Last year I followed a police car through a traffic calming chicane, three quarters of the way round a roundabout, right at traffic lights then left at the next traffic lights. Not a trace of an indicator from him on any of these hazards.

cleetus speckler

Back to top Go down

Post  DBS Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:21 pm

Ah but did you not the know the Police are above the law, or so they think!
DBS
DBS

http://davidpeacock.fotopic.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  WOLVERINE /// Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:14 pm

Hate it when your on the motorway and the baw bags cut you up 2 get the slip road off. Mad
WOLVERINE ///
WOLVERINE ///
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum