Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding Work!

2 posters

Go down

Finding Work! Empty Finding Work!

Post  DBS Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:17 am

In my quest to find a job I contacted Lothian Transport to ask if they had any vacencies the reply was as followed: Have you got a PCV License the answer I gave was yes, hmm, the person on the other side of the phone said that will be a problem, I asked why? he went on to say we are only taking trainees on, I kinda gasped at this and said that was a bit strange never heard this happen before most companies are stepping over each other to get hold of drivers with PCV licenses, not Lothian though apperently, he said you could try First or Arriva...Not bloody lickly I will never go with any of the big companies again there a bloody nightmare to work for and I'm far better than that.

The companies like Stagecoach and First do not care about their drivers, all they care about is profit and not getting sued and will treat there drivers like crap. I firmly believe things happen for a reason and me being Sacked from Stagecoach is the best thing that ever happened to me, I have my health back and pretty much sound of mind again.

I'm going to have to relocate to find a job but thats something I'm not bothered about just see it as another posative challenge, there are plenty of jobs out there but not here in Kilmarnock, one of the worst places in Scotland for unemployment, still thinking of going down the LGV avenue, I love traveling anyway so not a problem for me.

How you lot can stay with these big companies is amazing and you deserve a medal but don't stick with it if its going to be detremental to your health cause believe me, losing your job with these big companies is no big thing to them so why should it be to you, losing your identity and always looking over your shoulder is not a good working practices and should never happen in the 21st century but still does.

Rant over. affraid
DBS
DBS

http://davidpeacock.fotopic.net/

Back to top Go down

Finding Work! Empty Re: Finding Work!

Post  Bristol LH Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:33 am

They will be getting some form of training grant, that is why they told you to 'bugger off'. Lothian aren't as squeaky clean as what they are made out to be anyway. The fleet isn't that well maintained, and there is the ever threatening privatisation threat over their heads.
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum