Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

- Pet hates -

+8
WOLVERINE ///
The Evil Bus Driver
Smit
Sheep
Daisy Dart
Bristol LH
K1YRL
madmentalmike
12 posters

Go down

- Pet hates - Empty - Pet hates -

Post  madmentalmike Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:38 am

What are your pet hates in the job? Could be here all night listing all mine but if I had to pick one it'd be bloody pushchairs and more importantly the silly cows that are often attached to them! They seem to think they have some sort of special rights just cos they couldn't keep their legs closed...taking an eternity to get the damn thing on the bus, taking an eternity to maneuvre the pissing thing into the wheelchair space, taking an eternity to get the sodding thing off the bus, banging against people...and usually doing it all with one hand cos the other's clutching onto their mobile phone!

GAHHHHHHHHHH!

What's yours?

madmentalmike

Back to top Go down

- Pet hates - Empty Re: - Pet hates -

Post  K1YRL Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:00 am

Old biddies who wont let go of the door handles when they get off.For gods sake woman you are off the bus and stood on the pavement let go of the door handles so i can bloomin close them.
K1YRL
K1YRL

Back to top Go down

Post  madmentalmike Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:02 am

that is annoying, but i don't usually notice til i've dragged em 4 miles down the road Laughing

madmentalmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:27 am

Where the frig did my reply go?
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  madmentalmike Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:28 am

it's there ^^

madmentalmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:32 am

No, I replied about the bleedin chavscum pushchair lot, and it vanished. Replace all low floor buses with nice high floor jobs, with at least a 3 step entry. It puts off the old muppets too:)
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  madmentalmike Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 am

three steps? nahhhh...make it a ladder Smile

madmentalmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:04 am

One of my pet hates was being accused of something out of the blue, that you had not idea had happened. One day came into work and was dragged into the manager's office and told that someone had fallen down the stairs the other day on my bus. Had they?? First I've heard of it! Had to make a prat of myself going to the police station to report an accident I knew nothing about and that I don't actually believe happened. The police told me to go away and tell the managers to stop sending drivers up to the police station and wasting police time!!!
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

https://thebdc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:10 pm

Being told you've done somethign wrong when you haven't..

Basically on the one route we have to go through a bus station, and then to a hospital, and then back into town we go back through that bus station.

In order to get infront of us our competiton don't go back in the bus station on their way back - every time missing out on about 20 quid.. anyhow, this one coffin dodger gets on.. dumps his pass on the machine "hospital", and walks off.

I say i'm not going to the hospital, he argues that I am.. that every bus that comes into here goes to the hospital - I say i'd already been in here, and been to the hospital and I am on my way back into town.

"Well you're doing it the wrong way around" is his argument, I repeat myself "you are going to the hospital, if you're going to...". "Well i've already been in here, and to the hospital - we have to go in here twice and i'm on my way back into town". He argues he's going to the hospital, I say i'm going back into town so he walks in a huff and reckons he's going to put in a complaint that i'm doing the route the wrong way around. What a Face cheers

Sheep

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:17 pm

Senile old bastard!
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:19 pm

You will find that the moany muppets with their free passed which are undeserved complain the most. It is time every bus op started charging the coffin dodgers half fare and said bollocks to central government and their stupid, ill thought out scheme
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:38 pm

I used to drive the same route every day but apparently I didn't know where the bus stopped according to one twat. He wants off before the next stop and hollars at me when I continue to drive along the road. I explain that the next stop is round the corner, but he don't believe me and goes on to tell me that all the other buses stop on this road. Er, I've been driving this route for over two years now, I think I know where it stops and where it doesn't! Evil or Very Mad
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smit Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:55 pm

The Muppets do that to Veolia drivers here. They get off when they feel like. Sometimes even outside their house.
Smit
Smit

Back to top Go down

Post  The Evil Bus Driver Sat May 01, 2010 2:20 pm

I hate bell-ringers the most. They never ring it once it's always twice or three times. And then everyone who is getting off has to ring it too. And in csome cases if you don't stop immediately they ring it again. That's why the following is a godsend...
Our Scania OmniCities (and the OmniLinks too) have a button which cancels the bell request and if held down stops the bell working at all. So loads of us, after ONE ring on the bell, hold the button down until the next stop. I, on the other hand, hold it down until I pull away again as you always get some twat that rings the bell while you're stopped at the stop. I still say that bells ringing only once should be a legal requirement as it's a dangerous distraction.
The Evil Bus Driver
The Evil Bus Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  WOLVERINE /// Sat May 01, 2010 6:07 pm

Punters that sleep on my bus and take forever getting off when i'm out of service,and punters wanting on for free and calling me a jobs worth cos i make them pay. Evil or Very Mad
WOLVERINE ///
WOLVERINE ///
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Sun May 02, 2010 3:19 am

The Evil Bus Driver wrote:I hate bell-ringers the most. They never ring it once it's always twice or three times. And then everyone who is getting off has to ring it too. And in csome cases if you don't stop immediately they ring it again. That's why the following is a godsend...
Our Scania OmniCities (and the OmniLinks too) have a button which cancels the bell request and if held down stops the bell working at all. So loads of us, after ONE ring on the bell, hold the button down until the next stop. I, on the other hand, hold it down until I pull away again as you always get some twat that rings the bell while you're stopped at the stop. I still say that bells ringing only once should be a legal requirement as it's a dangerous distraction.
One of the worst distractions bell wise is that frigging disabled bell that Wright Gemini B7TLs have. That bloody siren noise used to drive me nuts. And on some of the buses it was so loud it used to hurt my ears. Kept writing it on the defect cards and even wrote out an IPP on it. Both were ignored. Thing was, nearly every hand poll on the bus had a bell push, but the arseholes had to frigging well press that one. Especially people who'd just come from upstairs.
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  M110RMS Sun May 02, 2010 5:11 am

I hate that sensitive litter bin that if u just hit empties the days contents on the gemini... and the bells that are easily hit!

M110RMS

Back to top Go down

Post  Paladin Sun May 02, 2010 5:15 am

M110RMS wrote:I hate that sensitive litter bin that if u just hit empties the days contents on the gemini... and the bells that are easily hit!

Our eclipses have those as well. Hit a pothole and the fecking thing falls off its catch, spills rubbish all over the floor and makes one hell of a loud CLANG as it hits the handrail!!
Paladin
Paladin

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Sun May 02, 2010 6:04 am

M110RMS wrote:I hate that sensitive litter bin that if u just hit empties the days contents on the gemini... and the bells that are easily hit!

Yeah and they nearly make you shit yourself when they make that loud bang, just sounds like a window being put through!!!
Laughing
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  firstdunc Sat May 15, 2010 1:47 am

I hate the ones who insist on ringing the bell as you pull into a bus station as if I realy intend to drive through the stance lol.

Another is on aproach to a bus stop the muppets look at the time.

Or muppets pulling the ticket before it is cut and just laugh as if it is just a joke maybe we should close the doors when they are only half off and laugh at them see if they like it.
firstdunc
firstdunc

Back to top Go down

Post  freedompaisley Tue May 18, 2010 5:12 am

For me its The Muppets that shove past you to get on the bus first even though you've been standing waiting 15mins for the bus. I was say to the driver or a anyone I’m with in a loud voice, and they've got the cheek to say its young folk that they've no manners.
The other thing is The Muppets that wont move out the wheelchair bay when you get on with a wheelchair and the ones that get on the bus when you getting off with a wheelchair even though the drivers tells them to get back off.

freedompaisley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum