Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slow, wobbly cyclists!

+5
bossdriver
madmentalmike
Blakeyhammer
Bristol LH
Daisy Dart
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Slow, wobbly cyclists! Empty Slow, wobbly cyclists!

Post  Daisy Dart Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:41 am

Why is it that I always meet a really slow and wobbly cyclist in an awkward spot, especially when I'm going to pull into a bus stop? It's so annoying, you have to crawl behind them at about 3mph, while they wobble their way along the road. I wish these idiots would either learn to ride a bike properly or bloody walk!!! Evil or Very Mad
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

https://thebdc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Slow, wobbly cyclists! Empty Re: Slow, wobbly cyclists!

Post  Bristol LH Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:57 pm

Buses need lazer guns fitted to the front to kill all cyclists,minicabs,annoying lorries,'twirlies' Bus Veg's...
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blakeyhammer Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:15 am

Bristol LH wrote:Buses need lazer guns fitted to the front to kill all cyclists,minicabs,annoying lorries,'twirlies' Bus Veg's...

I think a cattle prod would be more fun though
Blakeyhammer
Blakeyhammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:17 am

A laser would be more fun though cos you could 'accidentally' incinerate inspectors and supervisors
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  madmentalmike Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:49 am

I hate it when you're pulling OUT of a bus stop, you look in your O/S mirror and there's someone on a bike, legs going nineteen to the dozen to get passed you before you can pull out, I mean ffs they know you're gonna have to overtake them in about 5 seconds anyway, just have a bit of patience and WAIT! Really pisses me off Evil or Very Mad

madmentalmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:06 pm

madmentalmike wrote:I hate it when you're pulling OUT of a bus stop, you look in your O/S mirror and there's someone on a bike, legs going nineteen to the dozen to get passed you before you can pull out, I mean ffs they know you're gonna have to overtake them in about 5 seconds anyway, just have a bit of patience and WAIT! Really pisses me off Evil or Very Mad

Yeah that is one of my pet hate too. Saw a right prat today pedalling like the clappers in the middle of a steep hill. I had to under take the stupid twat to get past him. Not sure what he was hoping to achieve by cycling in the middle of the road?!
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bossdriver Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:10 am

madmentalmike wrote:I hate it when you're pulling OUT of a bus stop, you look in your O/S mirror and there's someone on a bike, legs going nineteen to the dozen to get passed you before you can pull out, I mean ffs they know you're gonna have to overtake them in about 5 seconds anyway, just have a bit of patience and WAIT! Really pisses me off Evil or Very Mad

true, works both ways though don't you think?, i just wait for em to pass as im not in a rush and dont want to endanger more vulnerable road users. Like you say, pass em again 5 seconds up the road anyway so no harm done
bossdriver
bossdriver

http://ttp://landroverforums.com/forum/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:13 am

You must be a real newbie behind the wheel of a PCV. You will find 99% of cyclists ignore the highway code, sneak up your inside at junctions when you have a left signal on, run red lights, ignore give way & stop signs, and be generally ignorant to every other road user. Do not give them an inch, or they will take a country mile.

They do not realise how much room a bus needs to turn.

And remember, you are on a shedule, which can be tightly timed, and if you dawdle along, you will not make the grade, and persistent late running gets you the sack. Being a bus driver means you have to be a bully on the road sometimes, otherwise you will be sat at junctions & bus stops with your indicator on forever.
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:59 am

Never mind bus stops, try having one on a single carriageway country road where the speed limit is 40 going on 60 (50 I should say for most buses, not that it's obeyed but meh) and you can't overtake because of the way the road is! lol
Pukerlicious
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:21 pm

We have a single track road with passing place that we have to travel up and down on certain routes. There is a parallel cycle path to the road but some ignorant cyclists chose to use the road. Had one who held me up and would not pull into one of the passing places to let me get by.
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cleetus speckler Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:31 pm

During the summer I came across a group of cyclists on a single track road. Fair enough, they pulled over at a passing place so I could get past. Being a friendly chappy I decided to give them a toot, toot, tiddely toot to thank them as I went on my merry way. Trouble is it came out as just one long blast. Well it makes up for all the time that I haven't sounded off at them. Razz

cleetus speckler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:04 pm

Nearly knocked one off yesterday, was going straight ahead at a junction that had two lanes - one to turn right and the other left and straight ahead. Had to wait behind cars turning right before I could get into the left hand lane, once there's room for me to go through I pull off and just as i'm about to squeeze through this cyclist comes flying down my nearside to undertake me.

If i'd have looked at my mirror a moment later i'd have knocked him clean off, as it was he had to steady himself against the side of my coach ((un)luckily I was going slow enough to stop quickly) to stop himself falling. I was indicating my intentions and already moving before he appeared, what a twat!!

Sheep

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:36 am

We knocked a guy off a motorbike before without making contact, how awesome is that Razz

(going down to a blind kink in the road going under a railway bridge, bike came the other way but too fast cutting the corner, then as he went under the bridge and saw the bus he swerved to avoid it and fell off into a hedge Twisted Evil )
Pukerlicious
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:45 pm

Pukerlicious wrote:We knocked a guy off a motorbike before without making contact, how awesome is that Razz

(going down to a blind kink in the road going under a railway bridge, bike came the other way but too fast cutting the corner, then as he went under the bridge and saw the bus he swerved to avoid it and fell off into a hedge Twisted Evil )

heh yeah i've done the same, only he was way over his side of the road - he must have been drunk after I took an almost blind corner under a railway bridge at about 33mph in a very loud dart at about 11pm... saw him fall straight off into the wall in my mirror.. Laughing

Sheep

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:17 am

Funny you should say that, it's exactly what happened when I was there except it wasn't as fast lmao... driver caught a glimpse of him going off in his mirror and hopped off and ran up to see if he was alright Razz
Pukerlicious
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:22 am

Pukerlicious wrote:Funny you should say that, it's exactly what happened when I was there except it wasn't as fast lmao... driver caught a glimpse of him going off in his mirror and hopped off and ran up to see if he was alright Razz

i drove off laughing

Sheep

Back to top Go down

Post  bossdriver Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:36 am

Sheep wrote:
Pukerlicious wrote:Funny you should say that, it's exactly what happened when I was there except it wasn't as fast lmao... driver caught a glimpse of him going off in his mirror and hopped off and ran up to see if he was alright Razz

i drove off laughing

fucking arse hole
bossdriver
bossdriver

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:20 am

bossdriver wrote:
Sheep wrote:

i drove off laughing

fucking arse hole
Pardon Question Question Question Question Question Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:48 am

Sounds like we have a cyclist lover here Daisy.... I only know of a couple of decent cyclists, the rest need to go crunch under the back wheel of a Polish registered 44 tonne container truck. Too many Magnawankertosserfruitbats about
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:02 pm

Well Bossdriver can I ask you to please read the forum guidelines before you go around name calling and abusing other members. You'll find them here: https://thebdc.forumotion.com/t53-some-forum-guidelines
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bossdriver Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:01 am

As a new driver I though this would be a good place to share stories with other like minded more experienced drivers, yes i cycle myself i even cycle to the depot and know some of us give cyclist a hard time, i also know of alot that give them the space and courtesy they deserve, that being they have exactly the same right to be on the road as a car or indeed even a bus therefore being held up by 20 seconds by a cyclist should not be a grumble.

people saying they have deliberately shunted cyclists or driven close to worry them should be ashamed, imagine somebody doing that to a family member and putting their life in danger, how would you feel about that. Clearly certain members of this forum are not the sharpest tools in the box but to say you basically forced some one off the road then drove off looking at them in you mirror (if that is actually true, i suspect your trying to impress fellow idiots) is just barbaric, apologies for the bad language but attitudes like that give us all a bad name
bossdriver
bossdriver

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:08 am

bossdriver wrote:As a new driver I though this would be a good place to share stories with other like minded more experienced drivers, yes i cycle myself i even cycle to the depot and know some of us give cyclist a hard time, i also know of alot that give them the space and courtesy they deserve, that being they have exactly the same right to be on the road as a car or indeed even a bus therefore being held up by 20 seconds by a cyclist should not be a grumble.

people saying they have deliberately shunted cyclists or driven close to worry them should be ashamed, imagine somebody doing that to a family member and putting their life in danger, how would you feel about that. Clearly certain members of this forum are not the sharpest tools in the box but to say you basically forced some one off the road then drove off looking at them in you mirror (if that is actually true, i suspect your trying to impress fellow idiots) is just barbaric, apologies for the bad language but attitudes like that give us all a bad name

Well share stories then, instead of abusing other members. From what I read of what Sheep and others were saying is that the cyclists they were talking about were being stupid, so put themselves in danger. You can't blame bus drivers if a cyclist chooses to be stupid and puts them selves in danger.
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:55 am

Any idiot who knowingly puts themselves in danger has a name..ORGAN DONOR.
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:46 pm

Nobody ever mentioned anything about forcing a cyclist/motorcyclist off the road or doing it deliberately, if you understood the conversation it was motorcyclists going far too fast around blind corners cutting it and then being faced with a bus before they can react properly.
Pukerlicious
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Blakeyhammer Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:27 pm

bossdriver wrote:As a new driver I though this would be a good place to share stories with other like minded more experienced drivers, yes i cycle myself i even cycle to the depot and know some of us give cyclist a hard time, i also know of alot that give them the space and courtesy they deserve, that being they have exactly the same right to be on the road as a car or indeed even a bus therefore being held up by 20 seconds by a cyclist should not be a grumble.

So, is it ok for a cyclist that failed to stop at a pedestrian crossing, while pedestrians were crossing, to issue a torrent of foul mouthed abuse at the pedestrians and the bus driver who sounded his horn?

THAT, is the sort of situation I, and I'm sure many others that drive round Leeds see on an almost daily basis.

IMHO, the majority of cyclists think they are untouchable. They do not observe the rules of the road and have no idea what the Highway Code says in relation to cyclists.

The majority give off an attitude of superiority, they think they have more right to the road than any other vehicle. Sorry, they don't. They are still subject to and must observe and obey the rules of the road.

When cyclists are forced to have insurance and pay a levy to use the roads, then I'll have a bit more sympathy for them. As it stands, I don't.
Blakeyhammer
Blakeyhammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next