Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half fare? No Way!!

+4
Bristol LH
Blakeyhammer
cleetus speckler
Daisy Dart
8 posters

Go down

Half fare? No Way!! Empty Half fare? No Way!!

Post  Daisy Dart Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:36 pm

Got this woman on my bus today, looking at her she looks about 17-25 years of age. She says she wants two tickets to town. So I prints out the tickets and states the amount due. She opens up her purse, which is stuffed full of £10 and £20 notes. She gives me a £20 and I proceeds to give her change. It's then that the woman says she wanted a half fare for herself and her friend. I asks her how old she is, to which she replies 14. Yeah like bollocks she is. What 14 year old walks round with a purse stuffed full of big notes? I never had money like that when I was that age. I reckon that if she was 14 she must have been taking growth hormones too. Her tits were bigger than mine!!
I asked her if she had any proof of her age, to which she replied no. She then starts going on that she found it offensive for me to ask her age etc. In the end she said she was going to wait for the next bus, so I gave her back her money and took back the tickets. What is it with these bloody people, if they want half fare then they need a pass. Most students have the local authority passes that entitles them to half fare. If you don't have one of them then it's full fare and if you don't like that then it's just bloody tough!!
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

https://thebdc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Half fare? No Way!! Empty Re: Half fare? No Way!!

Post  cleetus speckler Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:20 pm

I bet she had I.D. for when she went into a club though.

Unless I know that they are over 15 then, sod it, they go at half price. If I get an inspector on then I'll tell him I have doubts over their age and let him sort it out. If the company can't be bothered to give me proper guidelines on what I can and what I can't ask then I can't be bothered if they lose money. Mind you it is very satisfying when you catch them out (i.e. you see their driving licence in their wallet while they're getting their money out)

cleetus speckler

Back to top Go down

Post  Blakeyhammer Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:06 am

Daisy Dart wrote:Got this woman on my bus today, looking at her she looks about 17-25 years of age. She says she wants two tickets to town. So I prints out the tickets and states the amount due. She opens up her purse, which is stuffed full of £10 and £20 notes. She gives me a £20 and I proceeds to give her change. It's then that the woman says she wanted a half fare for herself and her friend. I asks her how old she is, to which she replies 14. Yeah like bollocks she is. What 14 year old walks round with a purse stuffed full of big notes? I never had money like that when I was that age. I reckon that if she was 14 she must have been taking growth hormones too. Her tits were bigger than mine!!
I asked her if she had any proof of her age, to which she replied no. She then starts going on that she found it offensive for me to ask her age etc. In the end she said she was going to wait for the next bus, so I gave her back her money and took back the tickets. What is it with these bloody people, if they want half fare then they need a pass. Most students have the local authority passes that entitles them to half fare. If you don't have one of them then it's full fare and if you don't like that then it's just bloody tough!!

Our policy is, no half fare pass, no half fare. Although, at driver discretion when in school uniform.

Some fuckwit in West Yorkshire tried to get a half fare whilst carrying a crate of Budweiser. He paid full fare rather than loose his beer.
Blakeyhammer
Blakeyhammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:41 am

If they are in school uniform then fair enough, I let them on for half if they don't have, have forgotten or lost their pass. Had one kid get on in his uniform and offer to pay full fare. I said to him as he's in his school uniform I'll let him on for half instead. He was very grateful, as he now had an extra 40p to spend in the tuck shop!!
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:54 am

Blakeyhammer wrote:
Our policy is, no half fare pass, no half fare. Although, at driver discretion when in school uniform.

Some fuckwit in West Yorkshire tried to get a half fare whilst carrying a crate of Budweiser. He paid full fare rather than loose his beer.

Well the law now states that to buy booze in shops and supermarkets you must be over 21.
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pupsikky Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:39 am

need to mind that as i saw some wee neds lastnight with cases of beer at a stop i ran past Laughing
pupsikky
pupsikky

Back to top Go down

Post  martyn_plymouth Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:19 pm

Our lot have confused the half fare issue even more.

'Reduced Fares' (Not child fares!!) are available to ... People under 19, or under 23 if they have proof they're in Full Time Edukashion(!), and Wrinkly Pass holders outside of their free pass time.

How genorous are my company eh??
martyn_plymouth
martyn_plymouth

Back to top Go down

Post  RoadRage Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:06 pm

Yeah, Reminds me of the time a guy got on and asked for an under 16's day ticket ( £2.75 ), I mean the knob had more facial hair than the easter bunny i just flat out refused him.
Oddly enough though he had the exact amount of money for an adult day ticket ( £ 4.75 ) in his hand ready Wink.
Take no prisoners Twisted Evil
RoadRage
RoadRage

Back to top Go down

Post  peanutbutter Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:53 pm

What is the limited?

I read in England its only age 14, you can get half fare, yet in Scotland its 16 Neutral
peanutbutter
peanutbutter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:19 pm

Because most councils cannot afford to pay the subsidy for all the brats. Most have schemes where they buy a card that lasts until they are 16 that entitles them to half fare (passes are fairly inexpensive at about a fiver or so plus a passport photo). They can renew it then at 16 if they are still in full time education.
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:28 am

pupsikky wrote:need to mind that as i saw some wee neds lastnight with cases of beer at a stop i ran past Laughing

Don't blame you for not stopping!!
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down