Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want the radio off (but it's not on!)

3 posters

Go down

I want the radio off (but it's not on!) Empty I want the radio off (but it's not on!)

Post  Sheep Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:48 am

So on all of our buses we've got radios - and we're supposed to have them tuned into a particular station as the company advertises on it (as if there's not enough advertising in the buses already!)

Anyhow, at this particular moment in time i've got volume on 0 as a woman who's a regular got on a couple of stops back that talks very quietly - I pull up to the stop and this sour faced old bat storms on..

She starts off with an aggressive tone of voice right off the mark

"Is the radio on these buses on?"

"Nah I haven't got it on atm"

"Well I want it turned down"

"Oh right, it's not on now anyway.."

"Good, I don't want it on as it's too loud"

"Riiight, okay"

"Make sure it's kept off"

"Well you know we're supposed to have the radios on, and tuned to ? radio"

"*I* want the radio off, *I* have work to do. I want the radio TURNED DOWN"

"Well it's not on..."

"I do not like the radio on when i'm travelling, and ESPECIALLY not X radio. I have work to do and I want the radio off"

I didn't want to carry on with what I was going to say as I was seething by this point, and just carry on seeing to other passengers... when she was getting off I told her to try being more polite next time, and if the radio had been on there's no way I would have turned it down after the way she spoke to me.. she muttered "oh" and walked off. A woman getting off commented on what an awful woman she was, and said that her "work" was reading the free mag that comes with the times on sunday!

Fully expected her to get on the opposing service back up, but sure enough there she was when I was back an hour and a half later - spotted her a mile off, stuck it to X radio and cranked the volume up - she was the only one on the bus and made her listen to it ALL the way back up.... har har!

Got even more revenge - the bus stop she wanted is about a quarter mile after a set of traffic lights that you always get stopped at, and to get to the housing estate it serves you have to walk back to the lights so most drivers usually let them off at the lights unless they really want to go the distance, regardless of whether or not she wanted too this time she did.. ha!

Sheep

Back to top Go down

I want the radio off (but it's not on!) Empty Re: I want the radio off (but it's not on!)

Post  Bristol LH Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:18 am

Well it cant have been an important trip out if she was back on just over an hour later. I wonder how she would have got on in Leeds when on service 1 (when the bendis were launched, they played local commercial station Aire FM/Magic 828, as they were sponsoring the service at the time, and had one bus 'wrapped' in the station livery).
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

I want the radio off (but it's not on!) Empty Re: I want the radio off (but it's not on!)

Post  madmentalmike Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:56 am

Oh how I wish we had radios on our buses, might make life a bit more interesting Rolling Eyes

madmentalmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum