Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bus snapper got one of my colleagues into trouble!

+5
Blakeyhammer
LynxZF7
Paladin
Bristol LH
Daisy Dart
9 posters

Go down

Bus snapper got one of my colleagues into trouble! Empty Bus snapper got one of my colleagues into trouble!

Post  Daisy Dart Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:25 am

One of my colleagues was really upset and worried today. The reason why was that a bus photographer had taken a photo of his bus when he was making a rude finger gesture to another bus driver. It's clear in the photo that the bus driver in question is not aiming the gesture at the photographer but at another driver, and was done in jest. But this photographer decided to print an enlargement of the image and take it into the public travel office at the bus station, as he felt the driver was bringing the company into disrepute. The thing is though this guy insisted that he didn't want anything done to the driver. Well if he didn't want to get the driver into trouble then why take this photo into the company?
It looks like now the driver will have to attend an investigatory interview, where matters may be taken further or it could simply be a slap on the wrist and don't do it again. What made me annoyed about this incident was that it doesn't any good for the image of us enthusiasts in the eyes of many bus drivers. Most bus drivers are not enthusiasts, and some are very intolerant towards bus fans. The guy that this happened to wasn't really bothered about bus photographers in the past, but now his attitude has changed. It's a shame that this person decided to drop this driver in it, when it's clear that the gesture was not aimed at him and was done as a lark to another driver. I just hope that nothing bad happens to this driver now.
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

https://thebdc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Bus snapper got one of my colleagues into trouble! Empty Re: Bus snapper got one of my colleagues into trouble!

Post  Bristol LH Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:10 am

And that is how bus drivers come to hate bus spotters....
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bus snapper got one of my colleagues into trouble! Empty Re: Bus snapper got one of my colleagues into trouble!

Post  Paladin Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:46 pm

Could well be that Ipswich based veg I've heard about. Keeps getting accused of slanderous remarks by Far East Travel
Paladin
Paladin

Back to top Go down

Post  LynxZF7 Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:44 pm

What a tosser. A driver swearing - big deal, wasn't even at him. He must have loads of time to go to all that trouble of printing and complaining. I would not care at all, I might find it a bit humorous, especially if the driver was swearing at another company.
LynxZF7
LynxZF7

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:58 pm

An arrogant BUSVEG who will no doubt one day end up getting knocked out by an angry bus driver. He knew that the driver would get into trouble..Sh*t stirring git. I feel like finding out who it is and shoving him in front of a speeding freight train
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blakeyhammer Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:31 pm

That is why I always indicate to a spotter that I do not want my photograph taking.
Blakeyhammer
Blakeyhammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:51 am

I've heard that the driver is OK and just got a "don't do it again!" Glad to hear that they didn't haul him over the coals!!
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:21 am

Phew. I bet he wants to punch that VEG though
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  peanutbutter Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:29 am

Tonight Tops story bus somehow loses control and runs over veg
peanutbutter
peanutbutter

Back to top Go down

Post  WOLVERINE /// Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:59 am

Glad he got away with it,maybe next time the photographer can mind his own buisness.
WOLVERINE ///
WOLVERINE ///
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paladin Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:37 pm

I would have understood the photo being sent in if the guesture was directed at the enthusiast taking the photo. Of course, it blatantly wasn't and this veg twat has just put an innocent driver through a load of stress just for being human and having a laugh!!!!!!

(If you ever see me with a camera, wave, pull a face/daft grin or whatever cos I'm fine with that, just no rude guestures please Smile)
Paladin
Paladin

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:58 pm

I gave a bus photographer a thumbs up last Saturday. Saw loads of them that day.
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:03 pm

Palatine 2 wrote:I would have understood the photo being sent in if the guesture was directed at the enthusiast taking the photo. Of course, it blatantly wasn't and this veg twat has just put an innocent driver through a load of stress just for being human and having a laugh!!!!!!

(If you ever see me with a camera, wave, pull a face/daft grin or whatever cos I'm fine with that, just no rude guestures please Smile)

Hmmm...(thinks about sticking head out of window & yelling 'EMOVEG!!' LOL)
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  umkay Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:03 pm

What an absolute tool. Well, what goes around comes around.

Umkay

umkay

Back to top Go down

Post  Paladin Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:45 pm

Bristol LH wrote:
Palatine 2 wrote:I would have understood the photo being sent in if the guesture was directed at the enthusiast taking the photo. Of course, it blatantly wasn't and this veg twat has just put an innocent driver through a load of stress just for being human and having a laugh!!!!!!

Hmmm...(thinks about sticking head out of window & yelling 'EMOVEG!!' LOL)

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Paladin
Paladin

Back to top Go down

Post  M110RMS Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:37 pm

yes the bus spotter was probably sad for sending it in... but surely you should know what might get you into trouble when prying eyes are about... espically if you work for First Group...

M110RMS

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:11 am

Everyone has a laugh and a joke with their colleages, which is exactly what this driver was doing, and for once, management had common sense, and from what I hear, he is a decent manager there.

Arriva staff will have to beware now, as the Germans are now in charge, and before long will be having a zero tolerance management approach. It has already started at Arriva Trains Wales, and will rapidly spread.
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down