Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm not happy!

+4
Bristol LH
peanutbutter
Paladin
Daisy Dart
8 posters

Go down

I'm not happy! Empty I'm not happy!

Post  Daisy Dart Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:48 pm

I had a Scanny with snatchy brakes today and it's given me a red mark on my Green Drive score. Evil or Very Mad
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

https://thebdc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I'm not happy! Empty Re: I'm not happy!

Post  Paladin Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:31 pm

Was that one of those old Wright bodied P-RNG's? Rumour has it they aren't staying for long due to being totally clapped out!
Paladin
Paladin

Back to top Go down

Post  peanutbutter Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:50 pm

Palatine 2 wrote:Was that one of those old Wright bodied P-RNG's? Rumour has it they aren't staying for long due to being totally clapped out!

There all getting sent to First Edinburgh, to update the fleet. Razz Razz Razz Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
peanutbutter
peanutbutter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:34 pm

Should have booked it off really...
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:36 pm

And it proves a major flaw in the Green drive..If the bus is fubar, no matter how you drive it, you will get red marks..Its all a load of crap to make drivers lives even more stressful, and the spineless union should have objected to it. I've been saying for ages, if they want to save fuel, use buses with Gardner 6LXB engines in!
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:23 am

Some drivers are saying that on some buses, no matter how slowly you drive around bends or roundabouts, they still flash up amber or red. So what are the drivers supposed to do if the bus is like that? I mean if they are slowing down and taking it easy round certain bends and it still flashes amber or red, then surely it has nothing to do with their driving!
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  K1YRL Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:38 am

Daisy Dart wrote:Some drivers are saying that on some buses, no matter how slowly you drive around bends or roundabouts, they still flash up amber or red. So what are the drivers supposed to do if the bus is like that? I mean if they are slowing down and taking it easy round certain bends and it still flashes amber or red, then surely it has nothing to do with their driving!
Just wait till a driver doesn`t touch in and drives on your score.It happened to me again this week Mad Seven hours i was logged on to that bus and the driver who kindly didn`t touch in managed to acquire me 87 events which weren`t mine. Evil or Very Mad
K1YRL
K1YRL

Back to top Go down

Post  LynxZF7 Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:01 am

A fast driver is a good driver in my book.

What about situations like when I was on the 363 and the bus was going round a roundabout and a woman who was on the phone pulled out without looking and the driver had to slam on the brakes, would he have got a red event? That was not the drivers fault.

If a driver drives badly on a route the passengers would complain, so there is no need for this system.
LynxZF7
LynxZF7

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:12 am

LynxZF7 wrote:A fast driver is a good driver in my book.

What about situations like when I was on the 363 and the bus was going round a roundabout and a woman who was on the phone pulled out without looking and the driver had to slam on the brakes, would he have got a red event? That was not the drivers fault.

If a driver drives badly on a route the passengers would complain, so there is no need for this system.

Yes he would, but I think you are allowed a couple of events before it affects your score. And like Anon says, what if someone don't key on? There should be a system so that you can log off if you have finished that part of your duty, or you're going home. I mean not everyone will remember to log on when they start their part of the duty with that bus.
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:10 am

Its an unreliable joke of a system that has been responsible for several vehicle fires in Firstgroup and Arriva. If they want buses to save fuel, fit bigger,lazier engines that actually have some torque, not overstressed Moulinex magimix motors as fitted to buses nowadays...Plus if they actually maintained buses, they would be more economical....
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WOLVERINE /// Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:59 am

Daisy Dart wrote:Some drivers are saying that on some buses, no matter how slowly you drive around bends or roundabouts, they still flash up amber or red. So what are the drivers supposed to do if the bus is like that? I mean if they are slowing down and taking it easy round certain bends and it still flashes amber or red, then surely it has nothing to do with their driving!

Small report 2 the union guy that deals with the drive green and he should get it fixed.And for drivers not loggin into the system were supposed 2 tell the second in command at the depot about the events that don't belong 2 you and then they should clear them.
WOLVERINE ///
WOLVERINE ///
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WOLVERINE /// Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:02 am

The system is a joke it should be scrapped,we get a bus that ain't good and yer screwed. What a Face
WOLVERINE ///
WOLVERINE ///
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paladin Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:01 am

LynxZF7 wrote:A fast driver is a good driver in my book.

I only wish that were the case. Any f*ckwit can drive fast, but driving to keep up with the traffic flow and keeping it smooth by reading the road ahead is good driving IMHO. That's the sort of driving style I try to keep to anyway.
Paladin
Paladin

Back to top Go down

Post  LynxZF7 Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:26 am

I know some drive painfully slow, where there is no need. Yes but the way you drive, avoids excessive braking and I would assume you have a good average speed.

This system, I think encourages the painfully slow type of driving where the driver is constantly worried about every move causing him to have red events, especially if the bus is no good, there will be even more pressure. Doesn't the bus driver have enough distractions as it is. This system is more dangerous than a safety feature since it is another thing for you to look at and think about.
LynxZF7
LynxZF7

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:08 pm

A good driver is someone who adjusts their speed to suit the road and weather conditions. People who drive fast all the time, especially for no good reason, are the ones most likely to end up as a sad statistic!
The road where my parents live is narrow, not all that long, is a residential road and has a couple of blind bends in it. Not the sort of road to go more then 25mph along. But there are idiots who bomb along it at 40mph+. They are not good drivers, they are knobheads. They don't care if people are reversing out of driveways, kids are playing in the street or if people are just crossing the road. All they see is probably the end of their bonnet and that the speedometer must be above 40mph.
I once knew a twat who got copped doing 65mph in a 30mph zone. He'd not long passed his test and ended up with about 9 points on his license. He thought it was funny, but I just told him straight that he was a total idiot. I mean it was at night he did this, people pulling out of side roads might not have judged his speed right and pulled out. If he hit a pedestrian at that speed he'd have wiped them out. Also there is a strong chance he could have lost control, being inexperienced, and killed himself. Reminding him of that, and the fact that a few more points would mean bye bye license soon shut him up and took the grin off his face.
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  macllain Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:16 am

Daisy Dart wrote:
Yes he would, but I think you are allowed a couple of events before it affects your score. And like Anon says, what if someone don't key on? There should be a system so that you can log off if you have finished that part of your duty, or you're going home. I mean not everyone will remember to log on when they start their part of the duty with that bus.

We just get told if your bothered about your score, to tag in again after your finished which means it creates a new block on the system, and can be deleted if other driver dosnt tag in once youve been to see your "champion". If you dont do this, and its one continious block, your drive and the next persons cant be seperated.

The way the scores calculated is its times/divided by the number of hits per 10 hours of driving, or something along those lines.

macllain

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:48 am

I was reading some bumph on the Green Drive that was lying around the canteen. It was going on about it can be a disciplinary offence not to sign in!!! Rolling Eyes
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WOLVERINE /// Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:39 am

Sadly this company thrives on disciplinary action,we now have some mob that checks our licence and we must give them the ok 2 do so if we don't then we are in bother. No
WOLVERINE ///
WOLVERINE ///
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down