Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Its NOT low FLOOR I travel for free!!!!

2 posters

:: The Depot :: Bus News

Go down

Its NOT low FLOOR I travel for free!!!! Empty Its NOT low FLOOR I travel for free!!!!

Post  peanutbutter Sun May 30, 2010 9:18 am

First has now started this promotion...... in Plymouth

First section is all about the new ticket, the next bit below explans about the free travel...
If you cant be bother how is the saying

IF a non low floor vehicle is used on service 12 journey simply state to the driver "this is not a low floor bus and your guarantee states I can travel for free if it's not low floor' and you will not be charged for your journey. Simples Cool

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In a move designed to make things easier for bus users in Plymouth, First Devon and Cornwall is introducing a special 14 journey ticket for customers using Service 12 (City Centre - Chaddlewood), which will both cut costs for regular travellers and allow those who only use the bus occasionally to also benefit from savings over the price of standard walk on fares.

The ticket, which will be available to buy from the driver, cuts the price of a journey anywhere on the ugobus service 12 route (Chaddlewood - Ridegway - Marsh Mills - City Centre) to just £1; offering a saving of 50% on the current maximum single fare of £2.

And between 30 May and 12 June, First Devon and Cornwall will be selling the 14 journey tickets at a discounted rate, meaning customers will be able to cut their travel costs even more, spending just 50 pence on each journey " saving up to 75% on the current maximum fare.

The initiative, which follows a recent price promotion in Ernesettle which cut end to end fares on Service 13 to just £1.60 for singles, and £2.40 for returns, comes on top of a promise to allow all customers using ugo service 1/1A (City Centre " St Budeuax " Saltash/Latchbrook) ugobus service 12 (Chaddlewood " Ridegway " Marsh Mills " City Centre), and the PR1 George/Milehouse and PR2 Coypool Park & Ride services in Plymouth to travel for free if their bus is not super low floor and easily accessible vehicle.

The 14 journey ticket will have a shelf life of three months from the date of purchase, meaning even the most irregular travel can benefit from the significant savings it offers. The 14 journey ticket can be used for journeys anywhere on ugobus service 12 whether from Chaddlewood Shops to the City Centre or from Sainsburys at Marsh Mills to Ridgeway.

Marc Reddy, Managing Director of First Devon and Cornwall, says: "We already sell a number of great value tickets, which can offer bus users unlimited travel for as little as £1.28 a day in Plymouth, and this new 14 journey ticket on ugobus service 12 compliments those, offering people " including those who only travel occasionally - another way to save money. We hope customers will make the most of the savings that this new ticket offers them, giving their local First service a go.'

For more information on the ugobus service 12 14 journey ticket please click on the link below to download an information leaflet. Alternatively pick up leaflet from the First Travel Shop in Bretonside Bus Station or wait for a copy. (the leaflet is also being delivered to almost 10,000 homes along the route during week commencing 31st May - look inside your free Extra newspaper)

Terms and conditions of free travel on non low floor buses:

We guarantee to operate low floor, easy access buses on our ugobus service 12 or you travel for free!

In the unlikely event that a non low floor vehicle is used on your service 12 journey (please see terms and conditions below for details of low floor buses) simply state to the driver "this is not a low floor bus and your guarantee states I can travel for free if it's not low floor' and you will not be charged for your journey. For those who hold a season ticket please send proof of your ticket (a photocopy or scan of your ticket via email) along with details of the journey (date/time and fleet number if possible) to our Customer Services Department, First Devon & Cornwall, The Ride, Chelson Meadow, Plymouth PL9 7JT or email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and we will reimburse you.

Terms and conditions.
1. Free travel must be claimed at time of travel (except in cases of season tickets as detailed above). No free travel will be given retrospectively to those who have purchased single/return tickets
2. Low floor buses in our fleet include the following vehicles SLF Dennis Dart, SLF Volvo B6, SLF Volvo B7, SLF Optare Solo, SLF Dennis Trident, SLF Enviro 200, SLF Enviro 400. Any other vehicle used on the route will be classified as 'non low floor'
3. Reimbursement for travel using a season ticket can only be made via the method stated above and will not be given at time of travel by the driver. Reimbursement will be in the form of travel vouchers.
4. Reimbursement of travel for season ticket holders will only be made on production of a copy of your season ticket (scan/photocopy) along with the date and time of your journey. Failure to provide all this evidence will result in the claim being invalid.
5. First reserve the right to withdraw this offer at any time within prior notice.
peanutbutter
peanutbutter

Back to top Go down

Its NOT low FLOOR I travel for free!!!! Empty Re: Its NOT low FLOOR I travel for free!!!!

Post  cleetus speckler Sun May 30, 2010 11:46 am

You are Lobby Lud, this is my Westminster Gazette and I claim my five pounds.

Or have I picked up the wrong thread?

cleetus speckler

Back to top Go down