Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stagecoach Cambridgeshire changes April

4 posters

:: The Depot :: Bus News

Go down

Stagecoach Cambridgeshire changes April  Empty Stagecoach Cambridgeshire changes April

Post  peanutbutter Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:54 am

A huge list of changes are planed it seems for April which includes, Citi 7 no longer going to cottenham but replace with an citi8 but at every 20mins
peanutbutter
peanutbutter

Back to top Go down

Stagecoach Cambridgeshire changes April  Empty Re: Stagecoach Cambridgeshire changes April

Post  Paladin Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:16 am

The 7 will terminate at the town centre and run as normal through South Cambs, although only at a 20 min frequency. The 8 replaces the 7 's route north of Cambridge.
Paladin
Paladin

Back to top Go down

Stagecoach Cambridgeshire changes April  Empty Re: Stagecoach Cambridgeshire changes April

Post  peanutbutter Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:30 pm

Palatine 2 wrote:The 7 will terminate at the town centre and run as normal through South Cambs, although only at a 20 min frequency. The 8 replaces the 7 's route north of Cambridge.

Thats even worse than what there original wanted to do: I dare say teh BRDG has failed here!
More info here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
peanutbutter
peanutbutter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paladin Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:53 pm

peanutbutter wrote:
Palatine 2 wrote:The 7 will terminate at the town centre and run as normal through South Cambs, although only at a 20 min frequency. The 8 replaces the 7 's route north of Cambridge.

Thats even worse than what there original wanted to do: I dare say teh BRDG has failed here!
More info here:

All they have done is split the 7 up into two bits at Addenbrookes with an interworked section between there and the city centre still running every 10 mins. I wouldn't bother going by what the local rag says, they copied those changes straight off VOSA and interpreted everything incorrectly.
Paladin
Paladin

Back to top Go down

Post  peanutbutter Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:24 pm

do you know if there is a full list of change around yet?
peanutbutter
peanutbutter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paladin Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:02 pm

peanutbutter wrote:do you know if there is a full list of change around yet?

Not yet! Stagecoach will presumably post changes soon enough though.
Paladin
Paladin

Back to top Go down

Post  peanutbutter Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:10 pm

here is the full information:
I remember when Whittlesey had a bus every 15mins only two years ago
peanutbutter
peanutbutter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paladin Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:00 pm

That was Cavalier competing against Emblings. Cavalier went down the pan, and Emblings aren't far off from joining them. Who said competition stimulates the industry and improves quality of service? Emblings were using Bristol VRs while Cavalier was using a mixture of elderly ex-London Olympians, breadvans and step entry Darts!
Paladin
Paladin

Back to top Go down

Post  peanutbutter Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:45 am

If Stagecoach is cutting back I wonder if Judds? coaches will last with ther3 701, Maybe if there come off Stagecoach could but the Hourly service back between Coates - Peter.

I wonder why there pulled the 22 and just give it to Delaine.

There are two other compaines I would keep an eye out; kimes and Brylaine Travel
peanutbutter
peanutbutter

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:27 am

As if Stagecoach even need to cut back...
Pukerlicious
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Paladin Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:21 am

They pulled the 22 service because it was making sod all money against Delaine. The nearest Brylaine Travel operate to Peterborough is Spalding on town services, and I can't see why they would extend further south.

Not sure what you mean Pukerlicious?
Paladin
Paladin

Back to top Go down

Post  peanutbutter Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:25 am

Palatine 2 wrote:They pulled the 22 service because it was making sod all money against Delaine. The nearest Brylaine Travel operate to Peterborough is Spalding on town services, and I can't see why they would extend further south.

I mean those two other compaines have a good number of Council works
peanutbutter
peanutbutter

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:17 pm

Palatine 2 wrote:They pulled the 22 service because it was making sod all money against Delaine. The nearest Brylaine Travel operate to Peterborough is Spalding on town services, and I can't see why they would extend further south.

Well it's not like they're in a bad financial situation to need to cut back.

They can easily afford to buy new buses left right and centre wherever you look and they need to cut services... yeah right.
Pukerlicious
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  peanutbutter Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:17 pm

But if there did operate these routes and did so many other place there would end up poor and in the red.

Place some of these route dont even cover the cost, At least the BRDG help get Citi7/8 to have improved evening and sunday services
peanutbutter
peanutbutter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:25 am

Put it this way, I was on a local council suported service last night, in a complete round trip, it carried 5, yes 5 punters, and they were all on the outbound trip. Inbound, I was the only punter...Waste of diesel & wages if you ask me
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  peanutbutter Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:55 pm

For place like that, it would be better if there operated Minbuses etc.

Hallf my local routes which get money do carry at least 15 people out ward and still pick up inwards. these are the routes which should be saved.
peanutbutter
peanutbutter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down