Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tales of runners

+4
madmentalmike
Paladin
Bristol LH
Daisy Dart
8 posters

Go down

Tales of runners Empty Tales of runners

Post  Daisy Dart Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:56 pm

One reason why I seldom run for a bus, is that I don't want to make a complete pudding of myself by either the bus driving off before I get there or tripping over and ending up flat on my face. There are, however, some who will risk life and limb to get to the bus before it pulls away.
One of the funniest examples of a runner losing their dignity in pursuit of boarding a bus, that I have seen, was a rather large lass who was well endowed in the chest department. Despite having such large burdens on her front she had elected to wear a skimpy top and no bra. As she ran at full tilt for the bus her mighty globes bounced for all they were worth, of course unhindered by the presence of a bra one of them decided to pop out for a bit of fresh air. The unfortunate lass squealed in horror at having exposed herself to a bus full of people.
She boarded the bus, breathless and red as a beatroot. As she searched for her pass I couldn't resist but to inform the blushing lass that I still had another two minutes before I was due to pull away!!!

Last edited by Daisy Dart on Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

https://thebdc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Tales of runners Empty Re: Tales of runners

Post  Bristol LH Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:58 pm

Priceless..Bet you couldn't stop sniggering for ages..
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paladin Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:32 am

Never understood why people do that. The fastest I've ever moved to catch a bus is a brisk walk. Rolling Eyes

Around here in most cases you're goanna get another one turn up in 10 mins anyway!
Paladin
Paladin

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:18 am

I've always found that I had more people running for the bus I was driving when I was late than if I was on time. This was rather annoying as theoretically if I am late, they should be at the bus stop already! Mind you the route I used to drive was a 10 minute service, so I suppose it may have been that if I was running 5 minutes late the people that were running for my bus actually wanted the one after me!
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  madmentalmike Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:25 am

The ones that get me are the ones that run as fast as they can to catch the bus, then only go one stop, probably using more energy running than they would otherwise have used walking to the next stop Rolling Eyes

madmentalmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:38 am

I can remember driving through this really sh*tty sink estate and there was this runner with crutches..They could run faster than bloody Linford Christie, and those crutches didnt touch the ground once..One of those fake cripples sponging off the state no doubt. They didn't get on because I accelerated hard...F*ck em
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paladin Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:44 am

Bristol LH wrote:F*ck em

Its the best response to a lot of things I find.
Paladin
Paladin

Back to top Go down

Post  WOLVERINE /// Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:52 am

Then if they don't catch you at the stop they will chap the door whilst sitting at the lights expecting 2 get on,nae chance Very Happy
WOLVERINE ///
WOLVERINE ///
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:56 am

Yup the cheeky bastards!!
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  madmentalmike Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:05 pm

WOLVERINE /// wrote:Then if they don't catch you at the stop they will chap the door whilst sitting at the lights expecting 2 get on,nae chance Very Happy

...and then let themselves on using the emergency button...

Evil or Very Mad

madmentalmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:14 pm

Thats why in that situation the door closed button is held down!
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:16 pm

madmentalmike wrote:
WOLVERINE /// wrote:Then if they don't catch you at the stop they will chap the door whilst sitting at the lights expecting 2 get on,nae chance Very Happy

...and then let themselves on using the emergency button...

Evil or Very Mad

Someone done that to me once as I was pulling away from a bus stop. Gives me a gob load of abuse too. I told 'em to get off but they refused. So on went the hand brake off went the engine, got out the cab, walked round the corner and got an inspector to sort it!!!
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:21 pm

They should make it like trians. Fine for misuse of the Emergency buttons..Say £50..
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smit Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:38 pm

We sometimes see muppets run for buses where I live. That story about the fat woman who's tit jumped out is priceless.
Smit
Smit

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Smit wrote:We sometimes see muppets run for buses where I live. That story about the fat woman who's tit jumped out is priceless.

Mind you I think one of the male drivers would have appreciated it more!!! Twisted Evil
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:43 pm

Young couple absolutely going all out for my bus, giving it everything they've got to make it to the bus stop on time (i was waiting there for 2 minutes anyway).... it's a 10 minute service with our opposing company making it technically every 5 minutes if they bothered running to a timetable.

Anyway, they get to the stop just after me.. after all their hard work absolutely bolting for the bus.. what's this, a green card?

Beep... concession & companion

Sheep

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:47 pm

They clearly don't need one..
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  umkay Sat May 15, 2010 5:20 am

I must admit I do sometimes go out on a limb to catch a bus. During the weekday I get two buses, one into a main hub and then one from that main hub into town and vice-versa on the way home. At the hub it can sometimes be irritating because if your unlucky, after getting off the first bus you only have a short window of opertunity to catch the second one. It's supposed to be an every 10min service, but what tends to happen is three come all at once at the end of the half hour. So if I miss the bus I'll be waiting for an extra 30mins adding to my already 40min journey time each way.

If I miss the the bunch of three, there is a somewhat risky shortcut, in that I have to run out of the hub, across a busy dual carriage way, across a park and then climb over a stone wall, to beat the bus to the next bus stop. Now trying to do that all in a suit! I am only ever considerate and polite to drivers and don't try to go out of my way to make their life miserable, so I don't see what harm it would do if they opened the door to let me on whilst they are still at the curb (Traffic lights literally 5 yards ahead so it's usually behind some cars and not moving). In addition to that the bus stop is not covered either so if It's raining it's pretty horrible.

Not having a go, just showing that there are two sides to every story Smile

umkay

umkay

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Sat May 15, 2010 5:31 am

It's all to do with this sue culture we have these days Umkay. If the driver were to open the doors and something happened to you whilst boarding at an unofficial stopping place then that driver could leave the company wide open for being sued and they would probably lose their job. I know not everyone sues companies etc over things like that, but unfortunately there are a lot of people out there that do sue over the slightest thing, even when someone has tried to help them out.
There are usually notices up that due to health and safety reasons drivers are instructed not to open the doors other than at bus stops, unless it is a hail and ride service where they should pick a safe and convenient place to stop.
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WOLVERINE /// Sat May 15, 2010 12:02 pm

Plus i have heard that Strathclyde's finest can do you for it also,so it may seem harmless 2 you but can be the driver who ends up getting the sack.
WOLVERINE ///
WOLVERINE ///
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  madmentalmike Sat May 15, 2010 12:21 pm

Gets right on my nerves when people say "someone's coming, can you wait please" and you look in your mirror to see a tiny dot on the horizon hobbling towards the bus with a walking stick...no point in me waiting as the next bus will have turned up by time they get to the stop Very Happy

madmentalmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart Sat May 15, 2010 12:52 pm

madmentalmike wrote:Gets right on my nerves when people say "someone's coming, can you wait please" and you look in your mirror to see a tiny dot on the horizon hobbling towards the bus with a walking stick...no point in me waiting as the next bus will have turned up by time they get to the stop Very Happy

Yeah and then the do gooder comes up to you when they are getting off and gives you a right earful for not waiting for said hobbler!! Had that a few times I can tell you. Often felt like saying "Piss off and mind your own business!!"
Daisy Dart
Daisy Dart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  madmentalmike Sat May 15, 2010 1:42 pm

I usually do say "Piss off and mind your own business" however most of them can't understand my accent Cool

madmentalmike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down