Drive green to monitor idling time

Go down

Drive green to monitor idling time

Post  Daisy Dart on Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:39 am

I've heard several people talking about a new introduction to the Drive Green nonsense. Apparently if you let your bus' engine idle for too long you'll get an amber or red light. So now when it's freezing cold and you want to keep your bus warm, you'll get a shit score. Also if you wait for slow old punters to sit down you'll probably get amber lights. What a load of crap!!! Evil or Very Mad

http://thebdc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Drive green to monitor idling time

Post  Bristol LH on Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:01 am

Yup its bullshit

Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious on Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:19 am

Oh christ, the depots down here will have their scores go through the roof... buggers for leaving it running while in the bay waiting time (one in particular has something like 15 minutes wait two or three times an hour) or even when they're not on it. And if they do turn it off it's a struggle to get it to start again lol
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep on Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:17 pm

I think the LED displays on our ex arriva B10Bs may be broken, as I seem to be in solid red most of the time!

Sheep

Back to top Go down

Post  K1YRL on Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:33 pm

Hope they don`t put the system for measuring idleness on a few certain drivers i know because they would always be in the red Rolling Eyes Wink Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH on Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:53 pm

Fit it to management!

Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WOLVERINE /// on Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:59 pm

Just wondering if your buses have the idle cut off which ours do.After 4 minutes it cuts off automatically.But its a pain in the arse as you have 2 switch every thing off 2 start it back up again.
WOLVERINE ///
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  patrolman on Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:18 pm

ours have a 2 min cut out Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
patrolman

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious on Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:44 am

All of our vehicles are too old to have that, only buses I've been on that have it is our 08 plate Park & Ride Eclipses. I think Veolia have the Centros set to a longer time or maybe off altogether, only once have I been on one and it seemed to go off on its own but it seemed far too quick to be, plus the driver was actually there so he must have done it. Practically everything else around here is Darts (99% of which are X reg or older, have the odd 53 plate and occasionally one 54 plate recently), so won't have it.
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  macllain on Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:05 am

Our scores arn't being monitored at all now, due to a fault in the system supposidly. I aint complaning, im about the worst in the garage!

macllain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep on Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:01 am

Pukerlicious wrote:All of our vehicles are too old to have that, only buses I've been on that have it is our 08 plate Park & Ride Eclipses. I think Veolia have the Centros set to a longer time or maybe off altogether, only once have I been on one and it seemed to go off on its own but it seemed far too quick to be, plus the driver was actually there so he must have done it. Practically everything else around here is Darts (99% of which are X reg or older, have the odd 53 plate and occasionally one 54 plate recently), so won't have it.

Veolia's centros go off after 5 minutes

Sheep

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart on Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:27 am

WOLVERINE /// wrote:Just wondering if your buses have the idle cut off which ours do.After 4 minutes it cuts off automatically.But its a pain in the arse as you have 2 switch every thing off 2 start it back up again.

Most of ours don't because they are older buses. The double deckers and Park & Ride buses have it as they are newer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious on Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:06 pm

Sheep wrote:
Pukerlicious wrote:All of our vehicles are too old to have that, only buses I've been on that have it is our 08 plate Park & Ride Eclipses. I think Veolia have the Centros set to a longer time or maybe off altogether, only once have I been on one and it seemed to go off on its own but it seemed far too quick to be, plus the driver was actually there so he must have done it. Practically everything else around here is Darts (99% of which are X reg or older, have the odd 53 plate and occasionally one 54 plate recently), so won't have it.

I'm pretty certain we've sat there with the engine running for more than 5 minutes without the driver in the cab, bearing in mind that our four are 4 of the 6 07's (HVG/H/J/K) and are at a different depot than all the others. Might have them set differently. Especially when you consider their driving style, fuel economy certainly seems very low priority.

Only once have I known it to go off completely and that was probably after minute max, because the computer screen had to start up again and a minute or two later it made an extremely loud "bong" noise which scared the living daylights out of everyone Twisted Evil
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  WOLVERINE /// on Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:35 pm

Pukerlicious wrote:
Sheep wrote:

I'm pretty certain we've sat there with the engine running for more than 5 minutes without the driver in the cab, bearing in mind that our four are 4 of the 6 07's (HVG/H/J/K) and are at a different depot than all the others. Might have them set differently. Especially when you consider their driving style, fuel economy certainly seems very low priority.

Only once have I known it to go off completely and that was probably after minute max, because the computer screen had to start up again and a minute or two later it made an extremely loud "bong" noise which scared the living daylights out of everyone Twisted Evil

The driver might know it cuts off after 5 minutes so all he has 2 do is rev the engine before its up.Its a pain especially when your getting a fecking drunk off the bus and you know you have 4 minutes 2 do it in santa santa
WOLVERINE ///
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious on Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:38 pm

hahaha, yeah. But the driver wasn't in the cab for the duration, so... ah dunno, who cares. Waffling on as usual
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  RoadRage on Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:11 am

Just checked Greenroad, Idletime (Beta) has been added. Evil or Very Mad
RoadRage

Back to top Go down

Post  macllain on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:17 am

Just noticed it myself. Our speed measuring thing never worked so mabey this will be another fad... also our scores are not being monitoroed at the moment so mabey this has something to do with it?

macllain

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:35 am

What sort of scores do you and the other drivers get around here RoadRage? Would be interesting to know. And if they actually care about it lol
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  WOLVERINE /// on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:05 pm

RoadRage wrote:Just checked Greenroad, Idletime (Beta) has been added. Evil or Very Mad

Just checked mine aswell,and we also have it now. affraid No
WOLVERINE ///
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RoadRage on Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:14 pm

Pukerlicious wrote:What sort of scores do you and the other drivers get around here RoadRage? Would be interesting to know. And if they actually care about it lol

Depends on the route and bus you have as some buses are not set up properly and some routes are murder and will trigger a red light going around and off-camber bend, But most of us drive as we normally would.
There are a few who try to get the lowest score possible but then they run late and get shit from other drivers lol. (Lower the better.)

My score usually hangs around the 10-15 sometimes lower but that's an average, We do use it as a bit of a competition between depots/drivers as a laugh but if our score gets too high into the red management will want to know why, Mostly due to greenroad problems than driver problems.
RoadRage

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious on Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:01 am

I see, 10-15 sounds low compared to what I've read other places have. I'm surprised at that, thought it would be higher. I suppose the more hilly routes are worse?
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart on Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:35 am

Pukerlicious wrote:What sort of scores do you and the other drivers get around here RoadRage? Would be interesting to know. And if they actually care about it lol

Most drivers at my depot have given up worrying about it now. Especially since they stopped handing out rewards to the best scoring drivers.

Back to top Go down

Post  RoadRage on Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:37 pm

Pukerlicious wrote:I see, 10-15 sounds low compared to what I've read other places have. I'm surprised at that, thought it would be higher. I suppose the more hilly routes are worse?

Yeah the further in the valleys you go the worse your score.

How long ago did they stop paying best scoring driver daisy ?
RoadRage

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum