Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enviro 400 Hybrid

4 posters

:: The Depot :: Bus Fans

Go down

Enviro 400 Hybrid Empty Enviro 400 Hybrid

Post  Blakeyhammer Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:30 am

Ok, so probably not enough detail there, but one of these has pitched up in our yard for a period of trial.

Now, it has the word Alexander on the back but I wouldn't swear it to be either Volvo or Dennis powered.

I believe it is a 5 litre diesel electric hybrid, (shunters reporting it to be very smooth to drive around the yard).

Anyone have any experience driving one of these?

Any idea's how they'll cope with steep(ish) hills when laden?

I personally have doubts as to their suitability for our 36 route.

Also, I have heard rumours regarding the interior of the new buses being procured to replace our ageing fleet of B7TD's.

Apparently, there will be fewer seats, with similar pitch to current but wider laid out 2 & 1 as opposed to 2 & 2 across

The rear bench to be curved with 3 as opposed to 5 seats. Also rumoured to be included is Wi-Fi.

There will need to be enhanced structural support underneath to support the larger, heavier seats.

Personally, I'd rather they just got buses that could cope with the terrain we cover, but wtf do I know, I just drive the fuppers.

Any comments appreciated.
Blakeyhammer
Blakeyhammer

Back to top Go down

Enviro 400 Hybrid Empty Re: Enviro 400 Hybrid

Post  LynxZF7 Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:57 am

Blakeyhammer wrote:Apparently, there will be fewer seats, with similar pitch to current but wider laid out 2 & 1 as opposed to 2 & 2 across

The rear bench to be curved with 3 as opposed to 5 seats. Also rumoured to be included is Wi-Fi.

Wi-fi whos that for?

I don't see the point of fancy seats, bench seats are the best, no recaro, civic or nazibahn or whatever, is better. They don't attract passengers, low fares and frequent service do that.
LynxZF7
LynxZF7

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:52 am

The 36 is the 'toff' service for those who pronounce it 'Harrowgayte' not 'Arrigit'. Shame they are using absolutely knackered B7TL's that are on their last legs. It is time that service was converted to proper coaches really, as that is what the service needs. Might keep the coffin dodgers off it if they have 3 steps to climb. Some Volvo B9R's perhaps?
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blakeyhammer Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:54 pm

The Enviro 400 Alexander Dennis is out on the road today.

Doing 2 runs, one this morning, one this aft, to see how it copes.

I know there will be negative feedback from the punters regarding the seats fitted to this trial mule.

However, it is only a trial mule.

Blakeyhammer
Blakeyhammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Blakeyhammer Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:57 pm

LynxZF7 wrote:
Blakeyhammer wrote:Apparently, there will be fewer seats, with similar pitch to current but wider laid out 2 & 1 as opposed to 2 & 2 across

Wi-fi whos that for?

I don't see the point of fancy seats, bench seats are the best, no recaro, civic or nazibahn or whatever, is better. They don't attract passengers, low fares and frequent service do that.

As Bristol said, this service carries a lot of people who commute into Leeds and like to use their laptops on the way in to be prepared for their day or on the way home to finish off. Will also be handy for Facebook, Twitter, email etc whilst waiting for the fitters ;o)

They are used to the large seat pitch and leather 'aircraft' type seating so will expect nothing less when the fleet is updated next year
Blakeyhammer
Blakeyhammer

Back to top Go down

Post  peanutbutter Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:31 am

Stagecoach has the same but there use wfi, leather seat coaches and 12.9m three alx scanners http://www.flickr.com/photos/mse062/4645389447/
peanutbutter
peanutbutter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:01 am

Blakeyhammer wrote:
LynxZF7 wrote:

Wi-fi whos that for?

As Bristol said, this service carries a lot of people who commute into Leeds and like to use their laptops on the way in to be prepared for their day or on the way home to finish off. Will also be handy for Facebook, Twitter, email etc whilst waiting for the fitters ;o)

They are used to the large seat pitch and leather 'aircraft' type seating so will expect nothing less when the fleet is updated next year

What would Giles say? Mind you his new firm is great at inflicting misery on the punters when the train breaks down , and they have to sit there for hours...
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: The Depot :: Bus Fans

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum