Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aberfoyle Coaches

3 posters

:: The Depot :: Bus News

Go down

Aberfoyle Coaches Empty Aberfoyle Coaches

Post  peanutbutter Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:06 pm

In Addition to them winning in keeping the contract

A contract to continue service C8 Balfron-Glasgow will be awarded to Aberfoyle Coaches at a cost of £24,500 per annum for a period of 12 months. This route is joint-funded by SPT and Stirling Council making SPT's share £8,894 per annum. It covers one return morning peak journey Monday to Saturday and one return evening journey on Saturdays between Glasgow and Balfron via Milngavie.

Aberfoyle Coaches Will also be entering the commercial market, with there new service between Aberfoyle - balfron - Glasgow.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NOT much but hopeful it will grow, as I have heard it will be CHEAPER fares then first, ( that is not hard)
so I dare say alot of people to gain, ( even maybe new to the bus market)
Razz
peanutbutter
peanutbutter

Back to top Go down

Aberfoyle Coaches Empty Re: Aberfoyle Coaches

Post  Bristol LH Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:37 pm

Its a very limited service if you notice, and it is being subsidised to the tune of £25,000 a year. That's a lot of wonga for 2 trips a day
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  peanutbutter Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:48 pm

Bristol LH wrote:Its a very limited service if you notice, and it is being subsidised to the tune of £25,000 a year. That's a lot of wonga for 2 trips a day

I believe you have misread what I have postage: Razz

I wrote "In Addition to them winning in keeping the contract" With the information in Quote box,

" There entering Commercial market with a new route"

AC1: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is the contract: C8:

When it comes to the C8, you are right it being alot of wange. I bet you would be shock at first bid
Cool
peanutbutter
peanutbutter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:14 pm

I'm sorry but if I was a council tax payer in that area, I would be objecting to the waste of money! That's £25k out of local authority coffers that could be better spent than a commuter service and a p*sshead service.
Anyone even dreaming about running a commercial service now is DOOMED to fail, because unsubsidised services aren't viable. Just look at the number of companies going BANG or throwing in the towel...McKindless springs to mind.
Bristol LH
Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  peanutbutter Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:18 pm

Bristol LH wrote:I'm sorry but if I was a council tax payer in that area, I would be objecting to the waste of money! That's £25k out of local authority coffers that could be better spent than a commuter service and a p*sshead service. Anyone even dreaming about running a commercial service now is DOOMED to fail, because unsubsidised services aren't viable. Just look at the number of companies going BANG or throwing in the towel...McKindless springs to mind.

There do have a good chance with the new commercial routes, it can work, First have high fares and really old buses, so Anyone with smaller buses and cheaper fares should work.

Mckindless, there went bang for other reasons, which I believe unpaid HRM tax etc.... Very Happy

Maybe you should read the last post in the Scottish; service changes thread: you may get a SHOCK how much SPT has just given out in money!!!!! Razz Razz Razz
peanutbutter
peanutbutter

Back to top Go down

Post  Aly Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:36 am

The brand new commercial route, AC01 is the first of the companies expansion plans into commercial service bus routes. This new route with operatre modern, reliable and comfortbale buses.

Fare's have still to be 100% confirmed however at the moment it is looking likely to be:

Aberfoyle - Glasgow Single Journey £4.00
Aberfoyle - Glasgow Return Journey £5.00

10 Journey tickets will be available, and prices for these are to be confirmed.

Natioanl Concession Cards will be accepted and change will be given aboard all buses.

Aly

Back to top Go down

Post  peanutbutter Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:18 pm

A couple photo from there first day

I be honest the C8 should have this
peanutbutter
peanutbutter

Back to top Go down