Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mp demand better buses in Sheffield

2 posters

:: The Depot :: Bus News

Go down

Mp demand better buses in Sheffield Empty Mp demand better buses in Sheffield

Post  peanutbutter Tue May 25, 2010 12:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Angela Smith, the new MP for Penistone and Stocksbridge, has called on the SYPTE to intervene and use its powers to force bus operators to stop using old buses on the network.

Angela Smith has today written to the Director General of the SYPTE to ask the PTE to use its powers to tell bus operators to stop using old buses in South Yorkshire.

The MP, who until the election was a member of the powerful Commons Transport Select Committee, has told the Director General of her concern that despite assurances from operators to improve the age and condition of their buses on many routes the opposite seems to be true.

Asking for the PTE to exert pressure on the operators to improve their services, she feels the buses on many of the routes in the north of the city offer a sub standard service.

Commenting on her letter to the Director General, Angela said: “If bus operators are serious about increasing bus patronage surely the quality of the experience needs to be improved. Bus services need up to date modern buses with things such disabled access.

“Instead more and more of constituents are contacting me telling me that their services are seeing old buses, often other cities cast offs being brought into service.

“I, like my constituents, don’t find this really acceptable and feel that this approach by some operators will lead to many more people turning their backs on using buses, which is bad for the environment, bad for the city and bad for those people who have no alternative.

“I am therefore asking the PTE to use its influence and powers to make sure all the bus operators in South Yorkshire run modern, efficient and customer friendly buses. Let’s hope the operators will take notice of their passengers who are not happy with the services these operators are providing
peanutbutter
peanutbutter

Back to top Go down

Mp demand better buses in Sheffield Empty Re: Mp demand better buses in Sheffield

Post  LynxZF7 Tue May 25, 2010 12:18 pm

New does not always mean better.
LynxZF7
LynxZF7

Back to top Go down